About a month ago, due to pressure from google, I changed the Forum's protocols to the more secure HTTPS from the older HTTP system. Not really necessary on a site like ours, but more secure is always better. I'd thought the transition had gone seamlessly until Trev brought some persistent access problems to my attention.
As of today, I believe I've found a solution that should work across all the different web browsers and resolve any access or log out problems. If anyone still has issues, first try clearing your computer's cache, if problems persist after that, please let me know in this thread.