Kokoshnik with 875

Do not post mark questions here.
amena
contributor

Kokoshnik with 875

Post by amena »

Yesterday I had a discussion with a dealer about a set of cutlery bearing the second kokoshnik accompanied by 875.
As far as I know this hallmark was used after 1994.
A site, in which, however, there are many errors, claims that it has been used since 1954. However I could not find a site where the succession of Russian hallmark over time up to Kokoshnik + 875 is clearly represented.
Can you tell me one?
Thanks for attention
Amena
AG2012
contributor

Re: Kokoshnik with 875

Post by AG2012 »

Hi,
Modern Russian marks used since 1994 i.e. female head with kokoshnik in profile (женская голова в кокошнике в профиль) is not to be confused with Soviet mark female worker`s head in profile (головы рабочего в профиль).

Since 1994, in the assay hallmark, instead of a five-pointed star with a sickle and a hammer, an identification mark is introduced in the form of a female head in a kokoshnik and in profile facing right.
(С 1994 г. в пробирном клейме вместо пятиконечной звезды с серпом и молотом установлен знак удостоверения в виде женской головы в кокошнике и в профиль, повернутой направо)
https://znaytovar.ru/new492.html

Regards
amena
contributor

Re: Kokoshnik with 875

Post by amena »

Thanks for the link I was able to understand enough with the help of Google translator.
Meanwhile I also found your post on the same topic
viewtopic.php?t=49024
which is very clear.
Regards
Amena

Return to “General Questions”