Site Admin

Re: Sarl and Sons

Post by dognose »

Sarl & Sons - London - 1858

Trev.
TimeMachine

Post by TimeMachine »

I've just finished restoring a lever fusee pocket watch from around 1849 with Sarl & Sons 18 Poultry engraved on the rear plate. The silver case was made by Rotherham & Son and assayed in Birmingham in 1849. Thought you might like to see some photos.
ImageImageImageImage
TimeMachine

Post by TimeMachine »

Not sure if I linked the photos correctly. If not you can find them here https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... drive_link
dognose
Site Admin

Post by dognose »

Hi,

Welcome to the Forum.

Many thanks for taking the time to share these images, it is very much appreciated, but please try to embed them, as very few members will click on links. Remember to use the Preview feature.

https://postimages.org (choose 'Share', then copy the 'Hotlink for forums' code) is recommended.

Trev.
Traintime
contributor

Post by Traintime »

Re-posting 3 images:

mikesarl

Post by mikesarl »

TimeMachine wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:01 am I've just finished restoring a lever fusee pocket watch from around 1849 with Sarl & Sons 18 Poultry engraved on the rear plate. The silver case was made by Rotherham & Son and assayed in Birmingham in 1849. Thought you might like to see some photos.
ImageImageImageImage
That's amazing, I have one the same but with the Cornhill address engraved on it, sadly it is just the mechanism that I bought from eBay few years ago, would love to see if it's repairable and find a nice case for it so I can use it, sadly never been able to find anyone to look at it for me, I even tried getting on the TV program Repair Shop to get is sorted but not heard anything back from my application.
I also have a chronometer dial that I again found on eBay along with some family silver forks and spoons with Sarl along the handles.
I would love to attach photos of the mechanism and dial but I can't see how to add them, thank you so much for sharing your photos.
Regards
Mike
mikesarl

Post by mikesarl »

mikesarl wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:06 am
TimeMachine wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 7:01 am I've just finished restoring a lever fusee pocket watch from around 1849 with Sarl & Sons 18 Poultry engraved on the rear plate. The silver case was made by Rotherham & Son and assayed in Birmingham in 1849. Thought you might like to see some photos.
ImageImageImageImage

That's amazing, I have one the same but with the Cornhill address engraved on it, sadly it is just the mechanism that I bought from eBay few years ago, would love to see if it's repairable and find a nice case for it so I can use it, sadly never been able to find anyone to look at it for me, I even tried getting on the TV program Repair Shop to get is sorted but not heard anything back from my application.
I also have a chronometer dial that I again found on eBay along with some family silver forks and spoons with Sarl along the handles.
I would love to attach photos of the mechanism and dial but I can't see how to add them, thank you so much for sharing your photos.
Regards
Mike.
Managed to upload the photos

dognose
Site Admin

Post by dognose »

Sarl & Sons - London - 1862

Trev.

Return to “General Questions”