Hallmark ID Please Help

MARK IMAGE REQUIRED
jacques

Hallmark ID Please Help

Post by jacques »

Hello

I've spend hours online looking for a match but have been unsuccessful thus far in finding any. Can anyone please help me? These marks are on a silver pot about 15cm in diameter with a lid that is not attached with a hinge. The handle on top of the lip is a sleeping Bull also silver. Image

If you are unable to view the image I have provided a link to my google drive below.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=10E9Vu ... -FIlBTexe4

Thank you
dognose
Site Admin

Re: Hallmark ID Please Help

Post by dognose »

Hi,

Welcome to the Forum.

You need to embed your images as very few members will click on such links.

Trev.
silvermakersmarks
co-admin

Post by silvermakersmarks »

As you have not embedded your picture as requested I have done it for you. It would also have been interesting for us, and potentially useful for identification, if you had included an image of the whole pot.

You have probably already worked out that the hallmark date is 1832/33. The makers' mark is JA over IA which is the mark of Joseph and John Angell.

Phil
jacques

Post by jacques »

silvermakersmarks wrote:As you have not embedded your picture as requested I have done it for you. It would also have been interesting for us, and potentially useful for identification, if you had included an image of the whole pot.

You have probably already worked out that the hallmark date is 1832/33. The makers' mark is JA over IA which is the mark of Joseph and John Angell.

Phil

Hey Phill

Thank you for the info. I have just managed to figure out to post a pic. Please see below a image of the whole pot at requested.

Looking forward in hearing back from you.

Jacques
silvermakersmarks
co-admin

Post by silvermakersmarks »

I suggest that it's probably a butter dish (and the bull is therefore a cow!) and may originally have had a glass liner.

Phil
jacques

Post by jacques »

Thanks Phill

Return to “British Hallmarks - Single Image”