John Langlands and John Goodrick were the fomer apprentices and journeymen of Isaac Cookson (See: viewtopic.php?t=8565&start=35
). Upon the death of their Master in August 1754, John Langlands applied for his Freedom from the Newcastle Company and purchased Cookson's stock and shop, known as 'The Gold Ring', and took Goodrick into partnership.
Langlands & Goodrick entered their marks with the Wardens of the Newcastle Company on the 1st October 1754.
They also accepted Cookson's two current apprentices, George William Chambers, who was turned over to Langlands, and James Robinson, who was turned over to Goodrick.
The partnership was, however, short lived, due to the death of John Goodrick in April 1757. Following Goodricks demise*, Langlands continued on his own until 1765 when he was joined in partnership with Joseph Hutchinson.
*Goodrick's death was caused by 'a diseased Mesentery which was increased to an enormous lump'