Demitassse Spoons with marks too small to ID.

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
roundman

Demitassse Spoons with marks too small to ID.

Post by roundman »

I have 8 silver plate demitasse spoons that I cannot identify. The two maker marks are too small to make out any detail using a loupe and I have compared their shape with all on the website and found no match. Can anyone help?

Bahner
contributor

Re: Demitassse Spoons with marks too small to ID.

Post by Bahner »

Hello and happy new year ! It is Dutch and it is silver. Do not know the maker bur the small sword is a Durch guarantee mark on small silber items. Regards, Bahner
oel
co-admin

Post by oel »

I can add the Dutch sword mark; small standard mark with numeral fineness first introduced with the 1953 marks renewal.
The maker's mark, to me it appears to be VKB under a crown above crescent moon for; Koninklijke (Royal) Nederlandse Fabrieken van Kempen en Begeer N.V. or Koninklijke van Kempen en Begeer, date entry 1961-present, cities of Zeist & Voorschoten, Leiden en Zoetermeer. To make sure we have identified the right maker we need a clear enhanced image made with a good digital camera active macro/tulip function mode. Below the maker's mark for van Kempen en Begeer for comparison.

Dutch sword standard mark see;
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=32028

Peter
roundman

Post by roundman »

Thanks for the two rapid responses. I'll see what i can do to get a better image. I used a digital camera; but maybe I can rig up a way to take picture through a magnifier.
roundman

Post by roundman »

With the information in the two responses to my post, I have confirmed that the spoons are Dutch 835 silver in the Twisted Hilt-Open Crown pattern by H. Hooijkaas/VKB. I found other flatware in the pattern that had been sold on internet auctions in years past.

My mother and sister, who kept the family silver in a chest, have died and i am now the custodian. The story of how one or the other came into possession of these spoons will never be known. Everything else was U.S or English.

(admin edit - see Posting Requirements )

Thanks for all of your help.

Return to “Dutch Silver”