open salt female head in circle hallmark who and where

Post by tmatlow »

Open salt female head in circle hallmark who and where

ImageImage
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,
Think it is a Dutch, there should be a few other marks scattered about on the piece. Give it a good look over and let us know.
Regards, Tom
tmatlow

Post by tmatlow »

Tom, thanks for looking at my item and giving me your thoughts. My aunt brought this from Europe in 1935. She lived in Lithuania and traveled to Germany often. If you can enlarge the image from your computer you can see the female's face (girl?) is facing left. Has hair is cut to the top of her neck and I think is wearing a beaded band (crown). The picture of the trademark is thru a magnifying glass. The trademark is no larger than 1/16 of an inch. On this "open salt" is also 800. Thanks again, Ted
Doos
co-admin

Post by Doos »

Hi,

Most probably the Dutch minerva head indeed. The 800 mark could indicate that it was manufactured in Germany and imported in The Netherlands. Look for the other marks as Tom suggested.
tmatlow

Post by tmatlow »

I found what I think is an additional marking. It is heart shaped but the figures in the trademark are hard to figure ....top right could be a bust of a woman's, top left looks like a "v" on its side and the bottom of the marking could be a small simple castle. Can you offer any help in identifying this hallmark or even a vague idea would be appreciated. Thank you

Return to “Dutch Silver”