Can somebody help me with mark on these spoons?

Denmark, Norway, Sweden, and Finland
PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
Denis_S

Can somebody help me with mark on these spoons?

Post by Denis_S »

Dear friends and associates,

can me somebody help with this mark? I understand, thank it is Danmark, after reading the engraving, I see the date - 1904, at this time in Denmark they used a nationwide hallmark in the form of 3 towers, what do you think is this marking on these spoons?

Arizona

Re: Can somebody help me with mark on these spoons?

Post by Arizona »

According the database of this very page it seems to me: Peter Hansen, from Randers, 1893-1937
Denis_S

Post by Denis_S »

Arizona wrote:According the database of this very page it seems to me: Peter Hansen, from Randers, 1893-1937
Hello Arizona, thank you for your answer, but I more intresting find an answer regarding assay marks, I see similar ones for the first time.

Maybe someone knows something about such brands or can suggest?
Arizona

Post by Arizona »

Oh I see. Well I can´t see the actual date on the 3 towers hallmark myself, but are clearly 3 towers. As it doesn´t seem any usual supects showing in the assayers mark maybe it is a more obscure marker who did the 3 towers hallmark, but I am not any expert in Danish silver manufacturing. I know there are many variations of the 3 tower mark, but not sure what reason is behind this variations. MAybe someone else can throw a line here. About the 82x fine silver it is also quite a particular standard, interesting to say the least.
Denis_S

Post by Denis_S »

Denis_S wrote:
Arizona wrote:According the database of this very page it seems to me: Peter Hansen, from Randers, 1893-1937
Hello Arizona, thank you for your answer, but I more intresting find an answer regarding assay marks, I see similar ones for the first time.

Maybe someone knows something about such brands or can suggest?
The fact that these spoons are Danish, around the beginning of the 20th century, most likely by the workshop of Peter Hansen, I understand. But the hallmark with three towers is very strange, if we were in front of products of the 18th century, one could assume about a worn out fuzzy stamp, but this is the 20th century, all hallmarks from the 1830s and later, the Danes have neat and easy to read. Well, the stamp 826 also indicates that this is Denmark, since only the Danes had such a standard of silver.

Return to “Scandinavian Silver”