Unknown CC maker

Denmark, Norway, Sweden, and Finland
PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
dartsil
contributor

Unknown CC maker

Post by dartsil »

This particular ladle has been sitting on my desk for quite some time now and I can not determine origin or maker so hopefully someone can assist.

I have posted in the Scottish section which does not mean its definitely Scottish, marked twice with CC, one being better struck than the other, I also attach an image showing the closest I got but to a maker but I am not convinced by any means its the mark of Charles Campbell.

mk209
contributor

Re: Unknown CC maker

Post by mk209 »

On first sight it looked Danish to me. Maybe just the angles of the photographs and often Danish items are marked twice. Not saying it is but first impressions....

Matt.
dartsil
contributor

Post by dartsil »

Thanks for your thoughts Matt, most appreciated,

Maybe from suggesting Danish , someone with knowledge of Danish makers will be able to assist should you be correct in your thoughts or maybe someone from Admin may move this post to the Danish section?
Qrt.S
contributor

Post by Qrt.S »

Could be Christen Christensen from Copenhagen. He was born 1830, master 1861 and deceased 1885. He is know to have made cutlery; spoons, forks, knifes etc. (No guarantees given ;-)))
dartsil
contributor

Post by dartsil »

Thanks QRT

Maybe someone may have an example of this maker Christen Christensen to compare?

Return to “Scandinavian Silver”