Cohr stuffing spoon

Denmark, Norway, Sweden, and Finland
PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
imnideit

Cohr stuffing spoon

Post by imnideit »

I am not sure but the only Cohr I can find on here is in a editorial about Danish makers but then in Danish marks I can't find Cohr or these hallmarks. Looks very early, and I am going to clean it soon, this is just
how i got it.

I was wondering if that was right, and when this was from,

This weighs 75 grams, and is 30.3 cm long.

Thank you for all of your help,
t

2209patrick
co-admin

Post by 2209patrick »

Hello.

Maybe this site will help:
http://www.cohrsilver.dk/cohr/index.htm

Pat.
imnideit

Post by imnideit »

Great, thanks a ton!
Hose_dk
contributor

Post by Hose_dk »

Polish and clean mark - then check with Danish Guardeins (at this page 925etc) then you have age.
Pattern is called either "Dobbeltriflet" or "enkelt riflet" difference is whether the double line is on both sides or only at frontpage.
R ingo
contributor

Post by R ingo »

Hello Hose_dk,

I have some questions about the pattern.
Is the origin of this style in Danmark? When appears it? The spoons of this style I know from Schleswig-Hostein (mostly made in Flensburg or made by Spliedt, Itzehoe) are interestingly exclusive dated in the the seventies of the 19th century.
Is there a chronological difference between "Dobbeltriflet" and "enkelt riflet"?

Kind regards,
Ringo
Hose_dk
contributor

Post by Hose_dk »

That was some questions and I dont know for sure. It excists in some variations. Also one called "gammel riflet"
Origin could be germany, In Denmark I know of the "Nielsenske bestik" made 1785 to Etatsråd Nielsen - today half of that setting is at the Kunst Industri museum in Copenhagen.
So in 1785 it was in Denmark - could it be older. I shall consult some of my books.
R ingo
contributor

Post by R ingo »

Hello Hose_dk,
thank you very much.
I did not know "gammel riflet" before. I looked in the internet for some examples and I think, that I have understand the difference between "gammel riflet" and "dobbelt- and enkelt riflet" now.

Kind regards,
Ringo

Return to “Scandinavian Silver”