Need help on a Scandinavian? Shaker

Denmark, Norway, Sweden, and Finland
PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
William Budd

Need help on a Scandinavian? Shaker

Post by William Budd »

This came out of an estate full of Scandinavian and Danish items. I haven't been able to find a thing on the marks. The shaker measures about 5 1/4" tall.

Besides the marks, would this be one of a pair or a single shaker? Also, am I correct in assuming it's older than the 04?

It has an insciption around the bottom edge that reads "Fru Eleonore Bang fra Dr. C.N Starke og (?) Hustru Med Tak for Samarbejde".

I have another piece with a very similar marks as well. If I can get a head start on this one it may help me on the other. Thanks in advance.

Hose_dk
contributor

Post by Hose_dk »

I am sorry to tell you that your items are reproductions. Both items are made around 1900 and they are sopposed to look old.
This one is Louis Seize style
i.e. it is sopposed to look like 1775 to 1800
If it was Danish and from that time it should contain 4 marks.

The maker is documented - made around 1900 by Aage Steffensen and misguiding marks are added. These
was sold to Kunstindustrimuseet (Art Industry Museum in Copenhagen) as old.
Yours are of same type. And made to look ald and sold in a period before danish silver marks was dokumented.
William Budd

Post by William Budd »

Hi, thank you so much for the great information and for taking the time to post the photos. Much appreciated! Of course, better news would have been nice but that the way the cookie crumbles. Thanks again.

Return to “Scandinavian Silver”