Faberge

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
minca99

Faberge

Post by minca99 »

I have taken pictures of the silver objects made by I.P. Prokofiev. I believe it to be the original piece, but please add your comments.
dognose
Site Admin

Re: Faberge

Post by dognose »

Hi,

Welcome to the Forum.

Your question cannot be answered without the required images.

The below should help you:

How to Add Images

Ensure you have read:
Posting Requirements

https://postimages.org (choose 'Share', then copy the 'Hotlink for forums' code) is recommended. Do not use Photobucket or Dropbox.

Ensure your images are embedded. Do not post links. Remember to use the 'Preview' button before submitting your post.

For more information see:

http://www.925-1000.com/forum/viewtopic ... 82#p103282

Give some time to creating your posts and we'll give some time to researching and answering them.

Trev.
minca99

Post by minca99 »

minca99 wrote:
minca99 wrote:I have taken pictures of the silver objects made by Faberge. I believe it to be the original piece, but please add your comments.
Juke*
contributor

Post by Juke* »

Hi!

In my opinion a genuine piece. I don't see any faults in the markings which would indicate something else. Nice genuine Fabergé piece with a simple design.

Regards,
Juke
silverfan
contributor

Post by silverfan »

The imperial eagle does not resemble the real imperial eagle.
Regards silverfan
Juke*
contributor

Post by Juke* »

There are different types of real Fabergé marks which this one is with the simplified double eagle. Other ones are with a more elaborate double eagle. Fabergé marks are always tricky as there is the value issue. Other opinions are always good to hear if there are additional thoughts.

The one thing in the object itself which looks different is the gilding, possibly because of over lighting with the camera.
AG2012
contributor

Post by AG2012 »

Hi,
Just to add, I had Faberge set of six knife rests and hand mirror (incomplete silver toilet set).
I expected fair profit with a reputable auction house. Unfortunately when everything was calculated hammer price was a huge disappointment. Meaning, there is clear distinction between Faberge high end, unique, one of a kind pieces and common silver meant for everyday use. The latter is only slightly more valuable just because it bears Faberge marks.
This simple bowl (open salt cellar?) is definitively not what made Faberge famous.
Not sure about the eagle mark.
Regards
Dad
contributor

Post by Dad »

Hi,
it's original Faberge punch.
Qrt.S
contributor

Post by Qrt.S »

i all,
This is a very avant-garde object to be from Faberge, but most likely it is. Faberge made thing like this!
Tedim2

Post by Tedim2 »

Most authentic Faberge that I am familiar with bears the 88 purity mark, but to that end I mostly see the higher end pieces and not the daily use silver. Also the 88 mixed with 56 gold like the perfume bottles (side note).

Return to “Russian Silver”