Russian Silver Shot Cups

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
JaseAus

Russian Silver Shot Cups

Post by JaseAus »

Hi there esteemed members.

Just bought these 3 silver shot cups and would like to know if they are genuine. I have read of instances where hallmarks have been applied to Russian silver to make the items look older than they actually are. Appreciate your advice.

Aguest
contributor

Re: Russian Silver Shot Cups

Post by Aguest »

There are extremely knowledgable Russian Silver experts here who will be able to answer your questions, but I have owned a few of these and these do seem authentic, also the little stylized "AV" hallmark is an "Austrian Import Mark" which means two of the cups were imported into Austria circa 1891-1901

If these are not authentic, an expert will help you to understand why, but I have owned a few of these and the hallmarks and rustic designs are quite similar, excepting for the Austrian Import hallmarks, which I have only seen one time on a spoon which had been "up cycled," sadly.
JaseAus

Post by JaseAus »

AG2012
contributor

Post by AG2012 »

Hi,
They are genuine, two from Kiev (St Michael with the sward) and one from Moscow (St George).
Will search for assayers and makers, you will probably get answers in the meantime.
Austria- Hungary import mark until 1901.
Regards
JaseAus

Post by JaseAus »

Thank you :-)
Qrt.S
contributor

Post by Qrt.S »

From right:
The assayer is Stahij Orlov in Kiova 1894-1896. The maker is ГР (Latin GR). He is a to name unknown master active 1880-1908
The next one is assayed in Moscow by BC (Latin VS) i.e. Viktor Savinskij 1859-1894 and the maker ЛИ (Latin LI, the mark is up side down) He is Luka Loginsky 1882-1908
The last one is also with the same assayer Stahij Orlov in Kiova as on the first one. The maker E3 (YeZ) is unfortunately unknown to name 1895-1896. The rest is already told and I see no reason why the wouldn't be authentic.
Qrt.S
contributor

Post by Qrt.S »

Sorry from left of course
AG2012
contributor

Post by AG2012 »

Can you identify the letter in front of ``AV`` for import mark ?
If it`s F then they were imported to Lwow in Western Ukraine, which would make sense.

JaseAus

Post by JaseAus »

Thanks for all the info, you guys are awesome.
Dad
contributor

Post by Dad »

Qrt.S wrote:...
the maker ЛИ (Latin LI, the mark is up side down) He is Luka Loginsky 1882-1908 ...
Qrt.S , )))

" ИЛ " (IL) - Иука Лозинский (Iuka Lozinsky)
Qrt.S wrote:...The maker E3 (YeZ) is unfortunately unknown to name 1895-1896.
Full maker mark - " ИЕЗ "
Qrt.S
contributor

Post by Qrt.S »

@Dad
I don't know what to say any more. You claim that this ЛИ (Luka Lozinskij) is the same master as ИЕЗ . However, heavy discussions in the past have been kept about this ИЕЗ mark. Some claim he is Igor Zavijanov others that he is Israel Eseevich Zakhoder. Now you come up with a third name i.e. Luka Lozinskij. Please use the search function and you will find many threads dealing with this matter.
My question is: What is the truth, who is the master, so???
Dad
contributor

Post by Dad »

Qrt.S wrote:@Dad
I don't know what to say any more. You claim that this ЛИ (Luka Lozinskij) is the same master as ИЕЗ . However, heavy discussions in the past have been kept about this ИЕЗ mark. Some claim he is Igor Zavijanov others that he is Israel Eseevich Zakhoder. Now you come up with a third name i.e. Luka Lozinskij. Please use the search function and you will find many threads dealing with this matter.
My question is: What is the truth, who is the master, so???

Qrt.S.

Now I don't understand you. You were mistaken in attribution of the second cup. You have written: the maker is "Luka Loginsky" (quote). I have corrected - Iuka Lozinsky. Letters in maker punch - "ИЛ" (IL). What it isn't clear to you?

Maker of the third cup of "IEZ" (ИЕЗ). The letter "I"(И) - was erased.
Qrt.S
contributor

Post by Qrt.S »

@Dad
Sorry Dad my misunderstanding, no problem, case clear.

Return to “Russian Silver”