The blade was made by F.M. Varypaev.
He was a peasant's son (before the abolition of serfdom in 1861 he was a serf of Count Sheremetev).At the age of 14, Fyodor Varypaev on the rights of eldest son,acquired a small workshop from his father who died in 1833 (mainly making locks).Good quality allowed the young entrepreneur to avoid local buyers and directly contracted important merchants.He had the best workers with the highest salary and built a church close to the factory.
The products of his factory were repeatedly noted at exhibitions.
The Grand Duke and the heir to the throne visited Pavlovo July 6, 1863. He visited the house of Varypayev, where he got acquainted with the production process and ordered four dozen table knives and a saber. In one of the forges, the heir personally participated in the forging of scissors.