From the Woman to the Madonna - Rutigliano, Italia - Until 10-4-2022

Post an announcement here if you know of an upcoming or current silver exhibit.
dognose
Site Admin

From the Woman to the Madonna - Rutigliano, Italia - Until 10-4-2022

Post by dognose »

Il MuDiAS (Museo Didattico di Arte e Storia Sacra)
Palazzo Settanni
Corso Mazzini 37
70018 Rutigliano (BA)
Italia

From the Woman to the Madonna. The Jewels of Rutigliano Between Worship and Devotion

Dalla Donna alla Madonna. I Gioielli di Rutigliano tra Culto e Devozione

Until 10th April 2022

In conjunction with the International Day celebrating Women, Palazzo Settanni and the MuDiAS (Museum of Sacred Art) in Rutigliano become a precious casket for an unprecedented display of jewels that first adorned the outfits of Rutigliano women and, later, the sacred images of Madonnas and Saints. “From the Woman to the Madonna. The jewels of Rutigliano between worship and devotion "is the title of the suggestive temporary exhibition, promoted in collaboration with local ecclesiastical bodies, which aims to make known the custom of offering precious jewels to the divinity as a gift, by request for grace or by grace received and, even more plus, to rediscover the jewel as a real work of art. The votive jewels, or ex-voto, exhibited in the museum tell us about the cultural context that can be placed chronologically between the eighteenth century and the first half of the twentieth century, bearing witness to the changes that took place in society in the nineteenth and twentieth centuries.

In concomitanza con la Giornata Internazionale che celebra la Donna, Palazzo Settanni e il MuDiAS (Museo di Arte Sacra) di Rutigliano divengono scrigno prezioso per un’inedita esposizione di gioielli che hanno dapprima adornato la mise delle donne rutiglianesi e, in seguito, le immagini sacre di Madonne e Santi. “Dalla Donna alla Madonna. I gioielli di Rutigliano tra culto e devozione” è il titolo della suggestiva mostra temporanea, promossa in collaborazione con gli enti ecclesiastici locali, che ha come intento quello di far conoscere l’usanza di offrire in dono i preziosi monili alla divinità, per richiesta di grazia o per grazia ricevuta e, ancor di più, di riscoprire il gioiello come una vera e propria opera d’arte. I gioielli votivi, o ex-voto, esposti nel museo ci raccontano il contesto culturale cronologicamente collocabile tra il Settecento e la prima metà del Novecento, testimoniando i mutamenti avvenuti nella società del XIX e del XX secolo.

Opening hours: Friday 10.30 - 12.30; Saturday 17.30 - 20.30; Sunday 10.30 - 12.30.

Admission: €3

https://www.ilpaesemagazine.it/2022/02/ ... utigliano/

Return to “Museum Exhibitions - Silver - Temporary”