In Memoriam.

oel
co-admin

In Memoriam.

Post by oel »

In Memoriam.

Our forum member Werner better known as Goldstein has died after a battle with cancer. He never gave up and remained cheerful until the end.
I got to know Werner as a kind and helpful man. He was straightforward with an enormous knowledge of Russian silver and also a great collector of Imperial Russian silver.
Werner was a prominent member of the silver forum, Werner who did not shy away from polemic. We'll dearly miss him. Fortunately, Werner has been spared further suffering. I wish his family much strength during this difficult period.
In the forum, Werner used the aliases Sazikov / Postnikov / Zolotnik and Goldstein.

Rest in Peace dear Werner.

Peter.
dognose
Site Admin

Re: In Memoriam.

Post by dognose »

RIP Werner, we'll miss your input into the forum and your vast knowledge on the subject of silver.

My deepest condolences to his family and friends.

Trev.
Aguest
contributor

Post by Aguest »

Rest In Peace Goldstein. ::: Thanks for all the pics of your collection. ::::
Traintime
contributor

Post by Traintime »

Without the spices, the feast is bland. Werner provided a great flavoring at this table. Vaya con Dios.
gsmoggy

Post by gsmoggy »

I am a very new member here,I had always respected Werner's ,Goldsteins comments ,he was a great knowledgeable person ,that was a straight talking no nonsense sort of bloke .I enjoyed all his comments and learned a lot from him,condolences to his family .We will all miss him very much on the forum.

may he keep collecting original Faberge in heaven.

Regards Guido. (I had just noticed today that he had passed away)
huszas76
contributor

Post by huszas76 »

It's a very sad news, and I'm so sorry!
Rest in Peace, Goldstein!
Krisztián
varadino

Post by varadino »

I am sorry for the loss and please accept my deepest condolences.
Regards N.Váradi
legrandmogol
contributor

Post by legrandmogol »

may he rest in peace, I have benefitted from his knowledge in the past.
dragonflywink
co-admin

Post by dragonflywink »

So sorry to hear this. Sincere condolences to Werner's family and friends - may his soul rest in peace...

~Cheryl
Dad
contributor

Post by Dad »

I grieve. He was a fighting old man, but enthusiastic and with a flame in his heart! We need such people.
Упокой, Господи, душу усопшего раба Твоего .... Rest in Peace ...RIP
juantotree
contributor

Post by juantotree »

So sorry to hear this, I have benefitted on several occasions from his great depth of knowledge on Russian silver, RIP Werner.

Martin
samtron76df

Post by samtron76df »

Very sorry to hear this. Condolences to his family.
dezeman

Post by dezeman »

I am a new member and I have spend the last couple hours trying to get in touch with this man. I was very impessed with all his knowlede and I would have loved to ask him some questions regarding an item and I would have loved to hear about his personal collection, and the places he visited. I finally found him on another forum where I sent him a message. Shortly after I found a link to this post in another post about a Russian spoon.

I only knew about his user name Postnikov. I assumed he left the forum in 2011 as his last comment as Postnikov was a request to have his account removed. Knowing about his other user names now I will happily read more of the things he wrote.

My apologies if this late reply seems innapropriate. Like I said I am new to this and I was absolutely intrigued by this man's knowledge and stories, so much that I wanted to get in touch with him. It is very sad to read that he has passed on.

Return to “Website Updates & Announcements”