IMPORTANT FORUM NEWS

dognose
Site Admin

IMPORTANT FORUM NEWS

Post by dognose »

Dear Members,

I have just been informed that the answer to the forum's encoding problem has been found. To rectify to problem it will require a database upload from the back-up of the website from around the 20th of last month. This will result in some downtime of the forum, probably later today or tomorrow.

The upshot of this further update is that it appears likely that everything posted in the last three weeks will be lost.

I appreciate the frustration to you all that the above loss will cause, and believe me, I'm feeling it too.

With sincerest apologies.

Trev.
dognose
Site Admin

Re: IMPORTANT FORUM NEWS

Post by dognose »

Dear Members,

First the good news, a way has been found to correct the corrupted character problem without the loss of any posts.

Now the bad news...but not for you! The correction will require a huge amount of manual input and is likely to take a couple of weeks or so. Please bear with us while these corrections are taking place, a lot of effort will be required but everything should be tickety-boo very soon.

Please continue posting in the meantime, there will be no loss, and thanks for your patience with the matter.

Trev.

Return to “Website Updates & Announcements”