Forum Member MCB

dognose
Site Admin

Forum Member MCB

Post by dognose »

Dear Members,

It is my sad duty to inform you of the passing of the long time member of the Forum MCB.

Mike joined the Forum in early 2008 and went on to become a major contributor to the website. His almost daily additions to the Grimwade's Biographies ~ Updates forum were the result of many hours of research to which he tirelessly committed a great part of his day. He leaves us a legacy of invaluable in-depth information that will provide assistance to members for many years to come.

His dedication to the website will sorely missed, as will his sense of humour, for Mike was always keen to spot the lighter side of any situation if it was found during his researches, and for that he will also be warmly remembered.

Our deepest sympathy and thoughts go out to Mike's family and friends.

Sincerely,

Trevor Downes
dragonflywink
co-admin

Re: Forum Member MCB

Post by dragonflywink »

So sorry to hear of Mike's passing, he always struck me as such a very nice man, he will be missed. My sincerest sympathies to his family and friends, may his soul rest in peace...

~Cheryl
buckler

Post by buckler »

I worked with Mike on the Grimwade postings for several years. His knowledge, co-operation , dedication and above all sense of humour made him a total delight to work with

His partner , Jacki informed us this morning that he died suddenly last evening and said

"Thank you all for giving Mike a truly fascinating hobby for so long "

I have a series of both emails and private messages which I will treasure .
Perhaps a flavour of him and our relationship can be got from the following exchange

He will be sorely missed by everyone who knew him

Hello again Clive

As requested and under direct and STRICT instruction from the lady of this house I'm (hopefully) sending you six attachments which  relate to the 1796 Will of John Maxwell. In view of all the dire warnings on t'internet regarding copyright of these documents I shall deny, if asked, any knowledge of them and plead under the 5th Amendment if the USA computer spies come looking for me. I'm presently hiding in a cave in the Hindu Kush so any problems with retrieval of six documents will have to wait until I think it's safe to come out 
No christening records for children of John and Isabella Maxwell have been found.
Your spring should now be fully wound. I expect to hear of substantial movement the moment I step outside this cave.

Mickey Mouse

To Whoever you are
Very Many thanks  for the documents which I have never seen.
They are very legible and I shall have great fun reading them if I had received them, which of course I haven't

Talking of things which have never been sent , please accept in return for the things you have not sent , something I have never sent.
If you had received it, which as I never sent it, you haven't, it refers to our Mr Maxwell, obviously like most  bucklemakers in the post 1790 desparately seeking a new form of income.!

Many thanks indeed

Please enjoy your holiday in the cave !

Clive

silverly

Post by silverly »

This is such sad news. It was a great pleasure to be even remotely associated with Mike. My condolences to all who were close to him.
JLDoggett
co-admin

Post by JLDoggett »

My sympathies to his family. The day has been greatly tarnished.
oel
co-admin

Post by oel »

I am sorry to hear about the death of Mike, my heartfelt condolences to all who were close to him.

Peter van Oel
user701
contributor

Post by user701 »

I didn't know Mike personally, only through his postings on here and the help he gave me on the odd occasion, he will be missed and my condolences go out to his family.
MCB

Post by MCB »

We thank you all for your kind words & thoughts and for the joy you brought my dear Mike.

Jacki

Return to “Website Updates & Announcements”