The Racine Silver Plate Company, manufacturers of gold and silver plated ware, Britannia ware, cutlery, etc., was incorporated May 8, 1875, with an original capital of $20,000, which was afterward increased to $44,000, with authority to extend the same to $100,000. The first officers were: James H. Kelley, President; B. F. Weeks, Secretary and Treasurer; Directors, James H. Kelley, B. F. Weeks, Thomas Dickinson, E. G. Huggins, John Elkins. The present officers are: J. H. Kelley, President; B. F. Weeks, Treasurer; George B. Kelley, Secretary. The capital of the Company is now $100,000. The establishment employs sixty men and does a business of about $100,000 per annum. Their goods are now classed with those of Rogers & Co., and other well known Eastern manufacturers, and are sold in Ohio, Indiana, Kentucky, Illinois, Missouri, Kansas, Nebraska, Iowa, Wisconsin, Minnesota and Michigan.
Source: The History of Racine and Kenosha Counties, Wisconsin - 1879