WALKER & HALL, Manufacturers of Gold and Sterling Silver Goods, Cutlery and Electro-plate, Electro Works, Howard Street and Eyre Street, Sheffield. Established about 1840 by George Walker (d.). Claimed to have been the founder of Electro-plating in Sheffield. Joined later by Henry Hall (d.); succeeded by John E. Bingham, Charles Hy. Bingham (d.), and Albert Edward Bingham. Present Principals: Col. Sir John E. Bingham, Bart., V.D., J.P., and Albert E. Bingham. The firm have in their possession the original Plating Vat and Apparatus of George Walker. Works contain two miles and 128 yards of work benches and plating vats. Twenty-one Stock and Show Rooms in Sheffield, London, Liverpool, Manchester, Leeds, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, Cardiff, Belfast, Hull, Bristol, Nottingham, Dundee, Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide, Brisbane, Cape Town, and Wellington, N.Z. Business: The manufacture of all classes of Sterling Silver Goods, Table Cutlery, and Electro-plate;' also Depositors of Gold and Silver for the Trade. Connection: World-wide. Telephones: Nos. 1055 and 3022 (National), Sheffield. Telegraphic Addresses: " Bingham, Sheffield "; " Flag Mark, London." Bankers: United Counties Bank, Ltd. (Sheffield). Col. Sir John E. Bingham, Bart., V.D., J.P., was Master Cutler of Sheffield, 1881-2 and 1884-5.
Source: Whitaker's Red Book of Commerce or Who's Who in Business - 1914