PLEASANCE & HARPER5, College Street, SwanseaPleasance
& Harper Ltd. - Swansea - sales box detail, c.1934Pleasance
& Harper were established in March 1879 at Wine Street, Bristol by C.R. Pleasance
and J.G. Harper. C.R. Pleasance
died in 1895 and J.G. Harper continued alone until he was joined by his three sons, Ernest, Gilbert and Leslie in 1919 and the business was converted into a limited liability company. . Over the years the business have had shops in Shrewsbury, Newport, Swansea, Hereford, Oxford, Gloucester and Weston Super Mare (the Bristol and Swansea shops were destroyed by air raids in 1940), but are now based at 54-56, Broad Street, Hereford.