THE MERIDEN COMPANY
A view of the new store of the Meriden Company at 49-51, West 34th Street, New York :
The new store was opened following the firm's removal from 218, Fifth Avenue, New York.
Their first New York store was opened in 1856 at 90, John Street. Following their removal from the John Street premises they relocated to 199, Broadway where they became the tenants of Napoleon III, he having purchased the property from the famous American dentist in Paris, Dr. Thomas Wiltberger Evans. After their removal from 199, Broadway, the firm would move a further four times before arriving at West Thirty-Fourth Street.
This image was published in 1910.