An image of the proposed new premises of the Mermod & Jaccard Jewelry Co. at St. Louis, Missouri:
The new building was constructed on the corner of Broadway and Locust Street and replaced their former premises at that location that were destroyed by fire in December 1897.
The new structure was eight stories in height, and fronting 100 feet on Broadway and 127 feet on Locust Street. The salerooms were located in the basement and the eight floors above ground were the factories producing jewellry, silverware, and stationery and 170 offices.
The business had its origins with Louis Jaccard who arrived in St. Louis in 1829. He was joined by his relatives, A.S. Mermod in 1845, and D.C. Jaccard who had arrived in St. Louis in 1843. In 1865 they were joined by Goodman King.
This image is from 1898.