PHILLIPS & CHARLES
17, Ranelagh Street, Liverpool and 11, Church Street, Ormskirk
Phillips & Charles, of 17, Ranelagh Street, Liverpool and 11, Church Street, Ormskirk, have celebrated their 125th annisversary.
In 1898 they took over Charles & Co., goldsmiths and silversmiths, and their premises in Ranelagh Street are still the head office today.
In 1946 the two firms were formed into a limited company with Mr N S Phillips, son of the founder, as governing director. His son, Dennis M Phillips, joined the firm in 1948 and is now managing director.
Source: British Jeweller and Watch Buyer - March 1979