JOHN BLACKWOOD CAW18, North Bridge Street, Edinburgh
A example of what is possibly
to be the work and mark of John Blackwood Caw:
CAW - Edinburgh - 1829
John Blackwood Caw was born at Edinburgh on the 31st March 1792, the son of Alexander Caw, a bookbinder, and Elizabeth Watt. He served his apprenticeship under William Cunningham II as from 1805. He married Elizabeth Garrety in Edinburgh in April 1825. He died at Edinburgh on the 29th October 1854, aged 62 years.
John Blackwood Caw was noted as being a Freeman in 1815, Burgess in 1817, and Deacon in 1833-35
He was in partnership with John Blair, as 'Caw & Blair', around the 1816-19 period, occupying premises at Milne Square, Edinburgh.
John Blackwood Caw was noted as being the Treasurer at Goldsmiths' Hall, 98, South Bridge Street, in 1837 as recorded in 'Pigot and Co.'s National Commercial Directory for the Whole of Scotland'
, published in 1837.