Some London Advertisements and Information

For information you'd like to share - Post it here - not for questions
dognose
Site Admin
Posts: 40672
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:53 pm
Location: England

Re: Some London Advertisements and Information

Postby dognose » Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:08 pm

JOHN HAWLEY & SON

35, 36, & 37, Cow Lane, Coventry. 52, Hatton Garden, London


Image
John Hawley & Son - Coventry & London - 1892

This business was founded in 1857 by John Hawley. Restyled John Hawley & Son following John Hawley jnr. joining the firm. John Hawley snr. retired in 1890. Converted into a limited liability company in 1898.

John Hawley & Son were awarded a prize medal at the Tasmanian Exhibition of of 1891-2.

They entered just one mark at the London Assay Office, 'JH' in an oblong punch, submitted on the 14th February 1887.

Trev.

dognose
Site Admin
Posts: 40672
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:53 pm
Location: England

Re: Some London Advertisements and Information

Postby dognose » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:22 am

C.C. ROWE

92, Brompton Road, South Kensington, London SW

Image
C.C. Rowe - London - 1871

Image
C.C. Rowe - London - 1874

Image
C.C. Rowe - London - 1875

Image
C.C. Rowe - London - 1876

Image
C.C. Rowe - London - 1880

Image
C.C. Rowe - London - 1884

Image
C.C. Rowe - London - 1884

Image
C.C. Rowe - London - 1884

Image
C.C. Rowe - London - 1884

Image
C.C. Rowe - London - 1884

Image
C.C. Rowe - London - 1884

Image
C.C. Rowe - London - 1884

Image
C.C. Rowe - London - 1884

C.C. Rowe established his business making imitation gold jewellery at 53, All Saints Road, Westbourne Park, London W, in 1869. In 1875 he re-located to 88, Brompton Road, South Kensington, and by 1884 to 92, Brompton Road.

The Merriam Webster Dictionary definition of 'OROIDE': an alloy chiefly of copper and zinc or tin that resembles gold in color and brilliancy and is used in making cheap jewelry.



Mr. C.C. Rowe, the well known manufacturer of Oroide gold jewellery, has extended and increased his premises at No.88, Brompton Road, South Kensington. The elegent productions of Mr. Rowe's establishment do not need recommendation from us.

Source: The Freemason - 17th March 1877


No marks were entered at the London Assay Office under his name.

Trev.

dognose
Site Admin
Posts: 40672
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:53 pm
Location: England

Re: Some London Advertisements and Information

Postby dognose » Sat Oct 20, 2012 2:26 pm

S. FISHER

188, Strand, London

Image
S. Fisher - London - 1880's

Image
S. Fisher - London - 1888

Image
S. Fisher - London - 1890

Image
S. Fisher - London - 1892

Samuel Fisher established his business at 188, Strand in 1838. His firm were working well into the 20th century.

No marks were entered at the London Assay Office under his name.

Trev.

dognose
Site Admin
Posts: 40672
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:53 pm
Location: England

Re: Some London Advertisements and Information

Postby dognose » Mon Oct 22, 2012 2:42 pm

EDWARDS & JONES later, EDWARDS & SONS

161, & 167, Regent Street, London

Image
Edwards & Jones - London - 1872

Edwards and Jones dissolved their partnership on the 30th June 1895. The business was continued under the style of Edwards & Sons at 161, Regent Street, the partners being noted as Edward Henry Edwards, Charles Alfred Edwards, and John Frederick Edwards.

Image
Edwards & Sons - London - 1908

Their premises were extended in 1908 to include the adjoining property of 159, Regent Street.

Image
Edwards & Sons - London - 1910

Edwards & Sons converted into a limited liability company in 1912, the directors were noted as J.F. Edwards and C.E. Edwards.

The business closed in 1928, the entire stock was purchased by Harrods Stores Ltd.

Edwards & Sons entered marks at the London Assay Office, on the 19th September 1901, 14th September 1904, 16th September 1907 and the 7th October 1909, all were 'E & S' contained within a lozenge shaped punch.

Trev.

dognose
Site Admin
Posts: 40672
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:53 pm
Location: England

Re: Some London Advertisements and Information

Postby dognose » Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:51 pm

JOSEPH J. CANEY

44, Cheapside, London

Image
Joseph J. Caney - London - 1887

Joseph John Caney was recorded as working at 44, Cheapside, by 1863. By 1905 the business was in the hands of his son, Stanley Caney. By 1916 the firm was styled J.J. Caney & Co.

Joseph J. Caney entered one mark with the London Assay Office, on the 18th January 1863 'JJC' in an oblong punch. Stanley Caney also entered one mark, 'SC' in an oval punch with indents top and bottom, on the 7th April 1905.

Trev.

dognose
Site Admin
Posts: 40672
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:53 pm
Location: England

Re: Some London Advertisements and Information

Postby dognose » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:31 am

DAVID L.A. NICOLE & Co.

210, Goswell Road, London EC

Image
Nicole & Co. - London - 1883

Image
Nicole & Co. - London - 1885

The Niclole family of watchmakers were among the most highly regarded of those working in London during the last quarter of the 19th century.

They entered two marks at the London Assay Office, 'MN' (Mary Nicole) in an oblong punch, on the 12th March 1872, and 'HN' (Henry James Nicole) in an oblong punch, on the 19th September 1874.

Trev.

dognose
Site Admin
Posts: 40672
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:53 pm
Location: England

Re: Some London Advertisements and Information

Postby dognose » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:19 pm

JAMES TREE

120,121,122, Great Dover Street, Borough, London SE

Image
James Tree - London - 1885

First noted in 1841 at 15, Salisbury Crescent, and from 1844 at 3, Hunter Street, Old Kent Road where he is recorded as a working jeweller, before moving to the Great Dover Street address.

As from 1888 the firm became styled James & Stephen Tree. They dissolved their partnership on the 21st January 1895 and Stephen Tree continued alone and were located at 310, Walworth Road, London SE by 1911.

By 1965 the firm were located at 94, Tower Bridge Road, London SE1, and were in the hands of R.R. de L. Liesching, W. Liesching, J.H.F. Coburn, and R.P. de L. Liesching.

James Tree entered two marks at the London Assay Office, 'JT' in an oblong punch, on the 20th July 1841 and 'J.T' in an oblong punch on the 2nd November 1877. Stephen Tree entered one mark at London, 'ST' in an elongated circular punch with indents top and bottom, on the 14th October 1911. He also entered a similar mark at the Chester Assay Office on the 26th October 1900.

Trev.

dognose
Site Admin
Posts: 40672
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:53 pm
Location: England

Re: Some London Advertisements and Information

Postby dognose » Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:50 pm

HARMAN & Co. Ltd.

177, New Bond Street, London W

Image
Harman & Co. Ltd. - London - 1908

Image
Harman & Co. Ltd. - London - 1908

Image
Harman & Co. Ltd. - London - 1908

Image
Harman & Co. Ltd. - London - 1908

Established just before the turn of the century by Sydney Bellamy Harman. They were converted into a limited liability company by 1908.

In c.1916 they amalgamated with Lambert & Co. of Coventry Street to become Harman & Lambert.

Just one mark was entered by this firm at the London Assay Office, 'SBH' (Sydney Bellamy Harman) with an urn above the 'H' in a diamond shaped punch, on the 20th October 1899.

Trev.

dognose
Site Admin
Posts: 40672
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:53 pm
Location: England

Re: Some London Advertisements and Information

Postby dognose » Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:47 pm

WILLIAM BARKER

164, New Bond Street, London

Image
William Barker - London - 1872

Image
William Barker - London - 1875

'Sole manufacturer of the patent improvisus locket'

Unless this is the same William Barker who entered a mark at the London Assay Office in 1855, from the address of 4, Coburg Street, then this William Barker does not appear to have entered marks with the LAO.

He may be the William Barker who entered a mark at the Birmingham Assay Office in August 1863.

Trev.

dognose
Site Admin
Posts: 40672
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:53 pm
Location: England

Re: Some London Advertisements and Information

Postby dognose » Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:34 pm

J.G. OLIVER

6, King Square, London EC

Image
J. Oliver - London - 1885

Image
J. Oliver - London - 1887

Image
J.G. Oliver - London - 1891

The business of James Oliver was first recorded in the 1850's, firstly at 8, Wellington Street, Goswell Street, Clerkenwell, and next at 4, King Square, Goswell Road, Clerkenwell by 1872, then at 6, King Square by 1891, where the occupant was noted as James George Oliver. A final move to 127, Central Street, Clerkenwell appears to have occurred by 1893. This may have been perhaps, a father and son business, with the father being James, and the son, James George.

The firm entered a total of seven marks with the London Assay office, 'J.O' in an oblong punch on the 9th October 1854, 'J.O' in an oblong punch with clipped corners on the 4th August 1869, 'J.O' in an oblong punch with clipped corners on the 6th November 1873, 'J.O' in an oval on the 16th April 1883, 'J.O' in an oblong punch with clipped corners on the 27th April 1883, 'J.O' in an oblong punch with clipped corners on the 3rd February 1888, and 'J.O' in an oblong punch with clipped corners on the 19th February 1889.

There was also a mark entered at the Chester Assay Office, 'J.O' in an oblong punch with clipped corners on the 18th November 1872.

Trev.

dognose
Site Admin
Posts: 40672
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:53 pm
Location: England

Re: Some London Advertisements and Information

Postby dognose » Fri Nov 16, 2012 11:45 am

BENSON & HEDGES

13, Old Bond Street, London

Image
Benson & Hedges - London - 1876

Image
Benson & Hedges - London - 1878

A surprising entrant perhaps, but Benson & Hedges entered three marks with the London Assay Office, 'APH' (Alfred Paget Hedges) in an oblong punch with concave sides, on the 21st March 1899, and a similar mark in two sizes, on the 6th November 1911.

The company was founded in 1873 by Richard Benson and William Hedges, and by the late 1890's was in the hands of Alfred Paget Hedges alone. They became a limited liability company in 1910, and became public upon the death of Alfred Paget Hedges in 1929.

Trev.

dognose
Site Admin
Posts: 40672
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:53 pm
Location: England

Re: Some London Advertisements and Information

Postby dognose » Sun Nov 18, 2012 4:51 am

ROY WATCH CASE Co.

21, Maiden Lane, New York

Image
Roy Watch Case Co. - New York - 1902

Another slightly surprising entrant, The Roy Watch Case Co. of New York entered three marks with the London Assay Office, 'R.W.C.Co.' in an incuse punch without outline in three sizes, on the 20th February 1905.

They recorded an address in the UK from 31, Holborn Viaduct, London EC.

Trev.

dognose
Site Admin
Posts: 40672
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:53 pm
Location: England

Re: Some London Advertisements and Information

Postby dognose » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:24 am

FRANCIS BARKER & SON

Sundial House, 12, Clerkenwell Road, London EC

Image
Francis Barker & Son - London - 1891

Image
Francis Barker & Son - London - 1893

Image
Francis Barker & Son - London - 1910

Francis Barker was born in 1819 at Helmet Court, St. Luke, Old Street, Finsbury, London, the son of Francis and Mary Barker. He served his apprenticeship with the compass maker's James & George Simms, of 4 Broadway, Blackfriars, London. He died of tuberculosis on the 10th December 1875. His son, also named Francis, emigrated to Australia soon after and passed his share of the business to his brothers, who included Charles Barker, who was noted as a jeweller, and perhaps it was Charles who introduced the manufacture of jewellery into the business.

Francis Barker & Son was originally styled Groves & Barker, they were established in 1848 by Richard Philip Groves and Francis Barker. Their partnership was dissolved in 1865, and the business continued under the style of Francis Barker & Son. The firm was converted into a limited liability company in 1908, and taken over and re-styled Francis Barker & Son (1932) Limited, and later still as Francis Barker & Son Limited. They are still in business today manufacturing compasses.

This business entered six marks with the London Assay Office, firstly, on the 23rd September 1861,'RG above FB' (Richard Groves and Francis Barker) in a square punch. On the 6th July 1867, 'FB' in an oblong punch, on the 4th May 1882, 'F.B' in an oval punch, on the 29th March 1894, 'F.B.&Sn.' in an oblong punch, and on the 30th June 1908, 'FB&Sn.Ld.' in an oblong punch.

Trev.

dognose
Site Admin
Posts: 40672
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:53 pm
Location: England

Re: Some London Advertisements and Information

Postby dognose » Tue Nov 27, 2012 2:35 pm

DOLLOND & Co.

59, St. Paul's Churchyard, later 1, Ludgate Hill, later still, 35, Ludgate Hill, London EC

Image
Dollond & Co. - London - 1872

Image
Dollond & Co. - London - 1876

Image
Dollond & Co. - London - 1882

Image
Dollond & Co. - London - 1885

Image
Dollond & Co. - London - 1893

Image
Dollond & Co. - London - 1896

Image
John Dollond (b.21-6-1706, d.30-11-1761)

Image
Peter Dollond (b.24-2-1731, d.2-7-1821)

The history of Dollond's is somewhat confusing but appears to start with Peter Dolland, and his father, John, in 1750. At some point, probably in 1820, the business passed to Peter's nephew, George Dollond (born George Huggins, but changed it to Dollond in 1805)(b.10-6-1774, d.30-11-1852), and then to his son (some sources say nephew), George (II) in 1852, and who in turn passed it to his son, William in c.1866. They became a limited liability company in 1907. Dollond & Co merged with Aitchison & Co in 1927 to form Dollond & Aitchison.

See: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=30091&p=143325&hilit=Aitchison#p143325

It was George (II) who entered his mark with the London Assay Office, 'G.D' in an oval punch, entered on the 12th November 1859.

Trev.

dognose
Site Admin
Posts: 40672
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:53 pm
Location: England

Re: Some London Advertisements and Information

Postby dognose » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:15 am

CHARLES FARRIS

81, Bishopsgate Street Within, London EC

Image
Charles Farris - London - 1897

Image
Charles Farris - London - 1907

Image
Charles Farris - London - 1907

The church furnishers Charles Farris can trace their history back to 1845 and the firm of Whitmore & Craddock who were suppliers of candles to churches and convents in the London area. Farris, an employee of Whitmore & Craddock, succeeded to the business and expanded it to become complete manufacturers and suppliers of all church furnishings and contractors to the H.M. Government.

Charles Farris entered five marks at the London Assay Office, all being 'C.F.' contained within an heraldic shield, on the 23rd May 1906 (two sizes), 4th March 1907, 21st May 1908, and on the 15th March 1910.

The firm is still in business today and are still suppliers of ecclesiastical silverware, although it is now unlikely to have been made by their own workshops, but supplied by other silversmiths. They are now located at Quarry Fields, Mere, Wiltshire. BA12 6LA

Trev.

dognose
Site Admin
Posts: 40672
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:53 pm
Location: England

Re: Some London Advertisements and Information

Postby dognose » Sun Dec 30, 2012 9:00 am

BACKES & STRAUSS

64, later, 14-16, Holborn Viaduct, London

Image
Backes & Strauss - London - 1888

Image
Backes & Strauss - Toronto - 1920

Image
Backes & Strauss - London - 1960

Backes & Strauss claim to be the oldest diamond dealers in the world, and can trace their history back to 1789.

Backes & Strauss were converted into a limited liability company in 1886, under the style Backes & Strauss Ltd.

The first marks that were entered in connection with this business with the London Assay Office was on the 25th March 1878 and 26th January 1886, 'MS' (Max Strauss) contained within an oblong punch. Further marks were entered at the LAO on the 24th January 1881, 3rd January 1888, and 12th October 1889, these last three being 'SS' (Siegfried Strauss, the brother of Max Strauss) contained within an oblong punch.

It would appear that at some point in the 1890's Backes & Strauss Ltd. ceased being manufacturers of jewellery, to concentrate on the specialised business of dealers in diamonds and precious stones.

It was in 1892 that they first occupied the premises at 14-16, Holborn Viaduct, a location that they were to remain until the late 1960's/early 1970's when they removed to 19 & 21, Hatton Garden, London, and at the same time at 88 & 90, Vittoria Street, Birmingham.

Backes & Strauss are still in business today and are now located at 113a Jermyn Street, Mayfair, London, and at Chemin des Troiselles, 46, CH-1294 Genthod, Switzerland.

Trev.

dognose
Site Admin
Posts: 40672
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:53 pm
Location: England

Re: Some London Advertisements and Information

Postby dognose » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:48 am

W.J. THOMAS - EGLESE & THOMAS

136, Oxford Street, London W

Image
W.J. Thomas - Eglese & Thomas - London - 1865

This is likely to be the only advertisement that will ever be found for this very short lived partnership. The wording contained within the advertisement implies a very recent coming together of William James Thomas and Joseph Eglese, but, on the 31st March 1865 the below notice was published in the London Gazette:

The Partnership subsisting between the undersigned, Joseph Eglese and William James Thomas, as Jewellers and Silversmiths, at No. 136, Oxford-street, Middlesex, was this day dissolved by mutual consent. All debts due to or from the said firm will be received and paid by the said William James Thomas. - Dated this 28th day of March, 1865.

Joseph Eglese
W.J. Thomas


William James Thomas continued to occupy the premises at 136, Oxford Street until 1871 before moving to Bond Street. He was noted as an exhibitor at the Vienna Exhibition of 1873, and at the Paris Universal exhibition of 1867 he exhibited a diamond necklace valued at the then staggering figure of £18,000.

Joseph Eglese was recorded as a Jeweller and Silversmith of 16, Cornhill, in 1846, and in 1852, at 43, Cornhill, as successor to Hunter & Edwards. Following the dissolution of his partnership with William James Thomas, Joseph Eglese entered into partnership with his son Charles Edward Eglese, trading as Joseph Eglese & Son, they were located at 28, Bishopsgate Street, Within, London. They went bankrupt in 1880 and their partnership was dissolved in November of that same year.

Trev.

dognose
Site Admin
Posts: 40672
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:53 pm
Location: England

Re: Some London Advertisements and Information

Postby dognose » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:54 am

GAWTHORP later GAWTHORP & SONS

16, Long Acre, Covent Garden, London WC, later 11, Tufton Street, London SW


Image
Gawthorp - London - 1861

Image
Gawthorp - London - 1875

Image
Gawthorp - London - 1890

Image
Gawthorp - London - 1897

Image
Gawthorp & Sons - London - 1907

Image
Gawthorp & Sons - London - 1907

Image
Gawthorp & Sons - London - 1907

Image
Gawthorp & Sons - London - 1907

Image
Gawthorp & Sons - London - 1907

Image
Gawthorp & Sons - London - 1907

Image
Gawthorp & Sons - London - 1907

Established 1854 by Thomas John Gawthorp (b.1832, d.1912). In the 1880's they amalgamated with the firm of Matthews & Sons of 377, Oxford Street, London. By 1907 the business was styled Gawtrorp & Sons, and by 1913 the firm was in the hands of Walter Edmund Gawthorp (d.1936). Following the death of Walter Gawthorp the business was acquired by the Church Furnishers, J. Whippell & Co. Ltd. of Exeter.

Gawthorps entered three marks with the London Assay Office, 'TJG' (Thomas John Gawthorp), contained within an elliptical punch on the 26th November 1885. 'TJG' contained within an oblong punch with clipped corners on the 14th October 1898, and a similar one on the 17th December 1901.

Trev.

dognose
Site Admin
Posts: 40672
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:53 pm
Location: England

Re: Some London Advertisements and Information

Postby dognose » Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:38 pm

MILLER BROTHERS

78 & 79, Newgate Street, London EC

Image
Miller Brothers - London - 1880

Miller Brothers were established in the early 1870's, the early partners being noted as Charles Dew Miller, George Woodville Miller, and Richard William Bentley Miller. George Woodville Miller is recorded as having retired on the 1st February 1886. Charles Dew Miller died on the 17th April 1899, at the time of his death he was described as the senior partner in Miller Brothers and a member of the Court of Common Council.

Miller Brothers were converted into a limited liability company in 1904, styled Miller Brothers (London) Ltd. The first directors being recorded as Daniel Finniswood Miller, William Charles Miller, R.W.B. Miller, and Alfred Miller.

1904 also saw the company relocate to Bentley House, 16 & 18, Beak Street, Regent Street, London W. By 1907 they had opened a Paris branch located at Rue Bleue. In 1916, Frank Rabbidge and Charles Smith were appointed directors. In 1925 the firm moved again, this time to 4 - 7 Greville Street, Hatton Garden, London EC1.

Miller Brothers entered six marks with the London Assay Office, 'CM' (Charles Dew Miller) contained within an oblong punch with clipped corners, on the 17th October 1887, another similar on the 6th February 1893. On the 30th July 1901, they entered a mark 'M.BROS',contained within an oblong punch with clipped corners, and another similar, in three sizes, on the 27th September 1914.

Miller Brothers also entered marks with the Chester Assay Office. On the 3rd October 1894 they entered ' M Bros', contained within an oblong punch with clipped corners. On the 21st November 1896 'M. BROs', with a dot underneath the 's', contained within an oblong punch with clipped corners, and on the 26th July 1916, 'M. BROS', contained within an oblong punch.

Trev.

dognose
Site Admin
Posts: 40672
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:53 pm
Location: England

Re: Some London Advertisements and Information

Postby dognose » Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:33 pm

SPINK & SON

17 & 18, Piccadilly, and 1 & 2, Gracechurch Street, Cornhill, London

Manufacturies: 7, Golden Square, and 26 Bridle Lane, London




Image
Spink & Son - London - 1901

Image
Spink & Son Ltd. - London - 1920

Image
Spink & Son Ltd. - London - 1920



The business was founded in 1666 by John Spink and located near Lombard Street, the premises were destroyed when the Great Fire of London swept through that part of the City, but following the rebuilding programme he returned to Lombard Street. In 1770 the firm, now in the hands of Marshall Spink, removed to Gracechurch Street and in 1772 the business was restlyed to Spink & Son. By the 1820's the firm had now passed to Daniel Elgar Spink (Grimwade p. 358). The second half of the 19th century saw the firm in the hands of John Spink who was joined in 1871 by his son, John Marshall Spink, and later by his other sons, Samuel Martin Spink and Charles Frederick Spink. During the 19th century the firm acquired a mint in Soho and started to design and produce medals and in 1900 they received the Royal Warrant for medals services to Queen Victoria. Spink & Son acquired additional premises at 17 & 18, Piccadilly in 1897, and in 1903 were converted into a limited liability company as Spink & Son Ltd. In 1906 they vacated the Gracechurch Street premises and in 1927 moved to the corner of King Street and Duke Street, St James. In 1962 they became a Public company listed on the London Stock Exchange. In 1977 the business was taken over by Andrew Weir & Co Ltd. and in 1993 Spink & Son were acquired by Christies. In 2002 Spink & Son were acquired by the Singapore investment group, 1818 Capitol.

Spink and Son purchased the plant, dies, &c. of the medallists, A. D. Lowenstark and Sons of 210, Strand, London, following their closure in 1895.

Spink now holds two Royal Warrants for medal services to HM Queen Elizabeth, and HRH the Duke of Edinburgh; in addition Spink was recently awarded the Royal Warrant for philatelic services to HM Queen Elizabeth.

Marks entered by the firm at the London Assay Office: 'DS' (Daniel Elgar Spink) contained within an oblong punch on the 15th October 1823, 'IMS' (John Marshall Spink) in script contained within an oval on the 11th May 1887. 'IMS' (John Marshall Spink) contained within a notched oblong punch with rounded corners, on the 11th March 1892, 6th April 1894, 31st December 1895, 6th March 1911, and the 18th November 1913.

Spink & Son also entered marks at the Chester Assay Office, 'IMS' (John Marshall Spink) contained within a notched oblong punch with rounded corners, on the 26th November 1895, and a similar mark on the 12th December 1899.

Further detail regarding Daniel Elgar Spink can be found at: Daniel Elgar Spink

Trev.


Return to “Contributors' Notes”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 4 guests