ANNIBALE CUSIVia Delle Farine 8, and Via Santa Margherita 4, and later, Via Clerici 1, and later Corso Monforte 23, Milano, and De Fronte al Casino, Sanremo
Annibale Cusi - Milano - 1918
Annibale Cusi (1863-1930) opened his business in 1886 at the age of 23. He had started his apprenticeship as a goldsmith at the age at just nine years of age.
The Mary Stuart collar won the Gran Premio at the International Exhibition of Milan (Esposizione Internazionale di Milano) in 1906 for Annibale Cusi, it contained 15,000 diamonds, evoking the delicacy and the look of lace.
The firm became the suppliers to His Majesty the King of Italy, S.A.R. Count of Turin and the Duke of Aosta.
Annibale was subsequently joined by his son Rinaldo (1895-1979), then grandchildren Ettore and Roberto and then great-grandson Rinaldo who in 1996 opened the current establishment at Corso Monforte 23 where the business continues today under the name 'CUSI'.