19, Princes Street, Dunedin
Hogg, Edwin, Manufacturing Jeweller, 19 Princes Street, Dunedin; Private residence: Helena Street, South Dunedin.
This business was established in 1889 by the present proprietor, and is chiefly confined to the trade,-although there are a good many private customers. Mr. Hogg has a complete manufacturing plant on a small scale, and undertakes all kinds of jewellery and repairing work.
Mr. Edwin Hogg, who is a colonist of forty-six years' standing, was born in Edinburgh in 1852, and arrived with his parents at Port Chalmers in the ship “Gloucester” in 1858. He was educated at the Middle District school in Dunedin, apprenticed to the late Mr. J. T. Telfer, jeweller, was afterwards employed by Mr. John Hislop for fourteen years, and commenced business on his own account as a manufacturing jeweller in 1889. Mr. Hogg held the position of honorary timekeeper for the Dunedin jockey club for years, and has also filled a similar office in connection with the Caledonian society. He was a member of the South Dunedin borough council and licensing committee for three years, and of the Macandrew Road school committee for eight years. As a Druid he is attached to Lodge Enterprise, South Dunedin, and has graduated through all the chairs. Mr. Hogg was married in 1876 to a daughter of Mr. W. Rutherford, of Dunedin, and has three sons and three daughters.
Source: The Cyclopedia of New Zealand [Otago & Southland Provincial Districts] - 1905 - The New Zealand Electronic Text Centre