J. HARTMAN (HARTMANN)2, Patrick Street, later, 2, O'Connell Street, Limerick
J. Hartman - Limerick - 1934
J. Hartman - Limerick - 1956
J. Hartman - Limerick - 1962
J. Hartman - Limerick - 1964
Hartmann - Limerick - 1977
Established in 1877 by Josef and Emilie Hartman from Trieberg in the Black Forest region of Germany. They were followed by their son, Michael, who in turn was followed by his son, Patrick (Paddy), and his wife, Thecla.
Converted into a limited liability company in 1962.
The business continues today, but since 1992, it operates only as a optometry practice.