In the quiet secluded locality of Argyle Place, have existed for a long time the offices of Messrs. Tiffany, the great American jewelers. Here, unknown to the majority of retailers, they have from time to time been visited by the largest wholesale houses and diamond merchants, from whose stocks have been selected the things which they considered most suitable for the American market. From such a state of things jewelers had nothing to fear, as practically no retail business was done, and, although Americans visiting this country often inquired after Tiffany's store, no one could direct them to it. Now, however, things are changed, and the American store is now located in Regent-street, where a retail trade will be carried on. We think the trade do not at present realize what a difference that will make to many houses, especially those who do business with Americans, as our cousins think such an almighty lot of Tiffany.
Source: The Watchmaker, Jeweller and Silversmith - 1st July 1891