Some Sheffield Advertisements and Information

For information you'd like to share - Post it here - not for questions
dognose
Site Admin
Posts: 40659
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:53 pm
Location: England

Re: Some Sheffield Advertisements and Information

Postby dognose » Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:38 pm

JOHN PINDER & Co. - later, JAMES PINDER & Co.

12, Carver Street, later, Colonial Works, Sheffield


Messrs. James Pinder & Co., of the Colonial Works, Sheffield, have just introduced a useful novelty in the form of an automatic biscuit box. When closed, it takes the form of a corrugated shell. It is opened at either side by pressing one of two knots at the top, and as the two halves fall gradually open, the pierced inside linings rise automatically, allowing of access to the biscuits. In closing the box the linings fall and meet the covers about half-way, thereby preventing the biscuits from falling out. It is manufactured of the best white metal, and is strongly electro-plated ; and as it can be obtained plain or engraved in various ornamental designs, it will doubtless command a ready sale, and should engage the attention of the trade.

Source: The Watchmaker, Jeweller and Silversmith - 1st July 1887

John Pinder & Co. entered their mark 'J·P' contained within a heraldic shield device, with the Sheffield Assay Office on the 15th January 1874.

Trev.

dognose
Site Admin
Posts: 40659
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:53 pm
Location: England

Re: Some Sheffield Advertisements and Information

Postby dognose » Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:05 am

HEELEY BROTHERS

32, Lambeth Street, Scotland Street, Sheffield


Messrs. Heeley Brothers, of 12, Lambeth Street, Sheffield, who have lately commenced business in electro-plate, have laid themselves out specially for the production of novelties. They are producing a number of beautiful shell patterns, this style being now in the height of fashion. These include, in addition to such goods as sugar and cream bowls and fruit-dishes, a charmingly designed teapot and a new combined strawberry-dish, which ought to be very popular this season. There are two small shells for cream and sugar, and one raised above the large shell which contains the fruit. The advantage of this happy combination is, savs a contemporary, ''that the fruit and accessories can lie handed round on one dish." Queen Anne teapots and a pretty Queen Anne kettle are also among the current patterns, the taste for Queen Anne goods being as active as ever. Fruit-spoons in cases and fruit and cake dishes are also being richly chased. In salt cellars, cellarettes, toast-racks, castors, serviette-rings, square or round, and elaborately chased, the firm have a number of pretty designs that are selling well. The same may be said of their bread-forks, and of the light detached frames for butter or other small dishes, of which pattern the senior partner was the originator. In salad-bowls they have some exquisite work in carved oak, as well as in art pottery and glass. Mounted oak and pottery goods, both for salads, biscuits, jelly, jam, marmalade, butter, and other table purposes, are being made one of the specialities of the firm. They are mounting the newest designs from the art potteries, and they are also using the latest productions of Sheffield, in the shape of elegant cases for their various classes of case goods.

Source: The Watchmaker, Jeweller and Silversmith - 1st July 1889


Heeley Brothers entered their mark 'CRH' above 'JRH' contained within a 16-sided punch, with the Sheffield Assay Office on the 18th June 1889.

Trev.

dognose
Site Admin
Posts: 40659
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:53 pm
Location: England

Re: Some Sheffield Advertisements and Information

Postby dognose » Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:52 am

TRAVIS, WILSON & Co.Ltd.

69 Charles Street, later, Clarence Works, 13, Bath Street, later 85, Denby Street, Sheffield


OBITUARY

Suddenly, at the age of 55, Mr. George Laurence Travis, managing director of Travis, Wilson & Co.Ltd., electro-plate manufacturers, of Bath Street, Sheffield.

Source: Watchmaker, Jeweller & Silversmith - January 1959


George Travis started in partnership with Samuel Russell in 1861. In 1863 they separated and each formed their own company. G.Travis & Co. was established in that year at 69 Charles Street. In 1868 the business relocated to the Clarence Works, 13, Bath Street, Sheffield. In 1909, the firm was converted into a limited liability company under the style of Travis, Wilson & Co.Ltd.. In 1967 they relocated again to 85, Denby Street, Sheffield. Travis, Wilson & Co.Ltd. became part of the Julius Isaacs Group of Companies in 1967. The Julius Isaacs' Group joined the Pinder Brothers' Group in 1981.

See: http://www.925-1000.com/silverplate_T2.html

Geo. Travis & Co. entered their mark 'G.T' '&' 'Co' contained within three separate punches (oval - shield - oval), with the Sheffield Assay Office on the 14th January 1895.

Trev.

dognose
Site Admin
Posts: 40659
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:53 pm
Location: England

Re: Some Sheffield Advertisements and Information

Postby dognose » Tue Nov 04, 2014 9:44 am

E.W. OAKES & Co.

270, Rockingham Street, Sheffield


Image
E.W. Oakes & Co. - Sheffield - 1879


I regret to have to record the death of Mr. E. W. Oakes, senior partner in the firm of E. W. Oakes and Co., silversmiths and electro-platers, Rockingham-street. Mr. Oakes, who was in his sixtieth year, although in no sense a public man, had a large circle of friends by whom he was highly esteemed for his sterling uprightness of character.

Source: The Watchmaker, Jeweller and Silversmith - 1st March 1893


The business of E.W. Oakes & Co. entered at least three marks with the Sheffield Assay Office. 'J.G' (possible assay office records error?) contained within an oval punch, on the 14th July 1896, 'E.W.O' above '& Co' contained within a shield device, on the 17th January 1901, and 'E.W.O' above '& Co Ld' contained within a shield device, on the 16th November 1904.

E.W. Oakes & Co.Ltd., who were also involved in the sweep smelting and refinery side of the trade,were acquired by Johnson Matthey in c.1916

Trev.

dognose
Site Admin
Posts: 40659
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:53 pm
Location: England

Re: Some Sheffield Advertisements and Information

Postby dognose » Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:47 am

FRANK FIDLER

124, Randall Street, Highfield, later, Advance Works, Denby Street, Sheffield


BANKRUPTS - RECEIVING ORDERS

Frank Fidler, 212 Myrtle Road, in the city of Sheffield, lately residing at 123 Vincent Road, and lately trading at Advance Works, Denby Street, both in the city of Sheffield, silversmith's manager, late manufacturing silversmith.


Source: The Edinburgh Gazette - 3rd April 1894



FIDLER, Frank, Silversmith's Manager (late Manufacturing Silversmith), 212, Myrtle-road (late Advance Works, Denby-street), Sheffield. The receiving order and order of adjudication were made on March 28th. The first meeting and public examination have been held. It transpired at the meeting that the debtor started business with a capital of £200 eight or nine years ago. In July last he turned his business into a company, and was allotted £500 in 5 per cent, preference shares and 200 ordinary shares of £5 each, so that he got £1,500 worth of shares, and, in addition to that, he had an interest under his father's will, and his furniture. Since July last year he had managed to get rid of all these shares and furniture. Was not now worth sixpence.

The following are creditors : –

Glossop, William , ., Sheffield £37-0s.-0d.
Wells, Smith Henry ,, £150-19s.-0d.
Fidler, Benjamin (contingent liability) ... ,, £656-0s.-0d.


Source: The Watchmaker, Jeweller and Silversmith - 1st May 1894


Frank Fidler entered his mark 'FF' contained within an oval punch, with the Sheffield Assay Office on the 26th July 1888.

Frank Fidler is perhaps to be identified with 'Mr. F. Fidler', who spent an extremely long career as the Shipping Manager at Mappin & Webb. See: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=38368&p=105090&hilit=fidler#p105090

Trev.

dognose
Site Admin
Posts: 40659
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:53 pm
Location: England

Re: Some Sheffield Advertisements and Information

Postby dognose » Mon Nov 17, 2014 3:15 pm

THOMAS ELLIN & Co.Ltd

Sylvester Works, Sylvester Street, Sheffield


Image
Thos. Ellin and Co., Ltd. - Sheffield - 1921

Image
Thos. Ellin & Co., Ltd. - Sheffield - 1921

Established 1784.

Thomas Ellin & Co.Ltd. entered their mark 'T' 'E' '&' 'Co.' in separate square punches, with the Sheffield Assay Office on the 28th May 1907.

Trev.

dognose
Site Admin
Posts: 40659
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:53 pm
Location: England

Re: Some Sheffield Advertisements and Information

Postby dognose » Tue Nov 18, 2014 3:02 pm

ASTLEY, ROBERTS & TIMM

6, Orchard Street, Sheffield


DISSOLUTIONS OF PARTNERSHIP

SHEFFIELD AND ROTHERHAM

Astley, Roberts and Timm.–6 Orchard-street, electro plate, &c, manufacturers. Thomas Astley, William Roberts, Herbert Timm. As regards Thomas Astley. 1st March 1872.


Source: The Birmingham and District and Sheffield and Rotherham Commerciail List - 1876

Trev.

dognose
Site Admin
Posts: 40659
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:53 pm
Location: England

Re: Some Sheffield Advertisements and Information

Postby dognose » Mon Dec 01, 2014 6:22 pm

FINLAY & TWAITS

Fintwa Works, St. Barnabas Lane, Sheffield


Image


Notice is hereby given, that the Partnership heretofore subsisting between us, the undersigned, William Finlay and Alfred Cyril Twaits, carrying on business as Cutlery Manufacturers at Fintwa Works, St. Barnabas-lane, in the city of Sheffield, under the style or firm of FINLAY & TWAITS, has been dissolved as from the fifteenth day of September, 1924. All debts due and owing to or by the said late firm will be received or paid by the said Alfred Cyril Twaits who will continue to carry on the said business under the style or firm of Finlay & Twaits.–Dated this fifteenth day of September, 1924.
WILLIAM FINLAY.
ALFRED CYRIL TWAITS.


Source: The London Gazette - 19th September 1924

Trev.

dognose
Site Admin
Posts: 40659
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:53 pm
Location: England

Re: Some Sheffield Advertisements and Information

Postby dognose » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:46 am

T.E. ROWBOTHAM & SONS

Globe Works, Penistone Road, Sheffield


Image
T.E. Rowbotham & Son - Sheffield - 1921

Image
T.E. Rowbotham & Son - Sheffield - 1921


Notice is hereby given, that the Partnership heretofore subsisting between us, the undersigned, Harold Rowbotham, Nellie Rowbotham, Elizabeth Shepherd, Harry Jackson and John William Abrahams carrying on business as Cutlery and Electro Plate Manufacturers, at Globe Works, Penistone-road, in the city of Sheffield, under the style of T. E. ROWBOTHAM & SONS, has been dissolved by mutual consent as from the 25th day of August, 1924. All debts due to and owing by the said late firm will be received and paid by the said Harold Rpwbotham, who will continue to carry on the said business under the said style.– Dated the 29th September, 1924.

HAROLD ROWBOTHAM.
NELLIE ROWBOTHAM.
ELIZABETH SHEPHERD.
HARRY JACKSON.
J. W. ABRAHAMS.


Source: The London Gazette - 14th October 1924

Trev.

dognose
Site Admin
Posts: 40659
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:53 pm
Location: England

Re: Some Sheffield Advertisements and Information

Postby dognose » Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:51 am

FRANCIS HARTLE

72, Arundel Street, Sheffield


Image
Francis Hartle - Sheffield - 1891

Established 1830.


Likely to be identified with:


Mr. Hartle, comb manufacturer, has a Bazaar, for the sale of toys and fancy goods, which is situate on the Green, near the New Bath.

Source: The Matlock Tourist; and Guide Through the Peak, Embracing Matlock Bath, Haddon, Chatsworth and Castleton - Henricus - 1838


Hartle's Museum, now very much enlarged and nicely fitted up on the Green, by Walker's Hotel. Mr. Hartle is a manufacturer of combs; he has also many spar and marble goods.

Source: The Gem of the Peak; Or Matlock Bath and Its Vicinity; an Account of Derby; a Tour from Derby to Matlock - William Adam - 1857

Image
Hartle's Museum - Matlock Bath - 1861

Trev.

dognose
Site Admin
Posts: 40659
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:53 pm
Location: England

Re: Some Sheffield Advertisements and Information

Postby dognose » Mon Dec 08, 2014 2:29 pm

E.M. DICKINSON

Murray Works, 21, Cambridge Street, later, Murray Works, Division Street, later, Murray Works, 122-124, Rockingham Street, later, Murray Works, Arundel Street, Sheffield

Image
E.M. Dickinson - Sheffield - 1886

Image
E.M. Dickinson - Sheffield - 1910

The business of Edwin Dickinson.

Thought to have ceased trading in the later part of the 1930's.

The firm's trade marks 'Invicta', 'El Dorado', and the device of a wood screw were acquired by Needham, Yeall & Tyzack Ltd., Eye Witness Works, Milton Street, Sheffield.

Bernard Kaye (d.1929) was noted as a director of the business.

E.M. Dickinson entered their mark 'E.M.D' contained within an oblong punch, with the Sheffield Assay Office on the 13th December 1900.

Image

See: http://www.925-1000.com/silverplate_D2.html

Trev.

dognose
Site Admin
Posts: 40659
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:53 pm
Location: England

Re: Some Sheffield Advertisements and Information

Postby dognose » Fri Dec 12, 2014 2:31 pm

E. & A. DRAPER, later, EDMUND DRAPER & Co.

St. Mary's Works, St. Mary's Road, Sheffield


Image
E. & A. Draper - Sheffield - 1878


Edmund Draper & Co. entered their mark 'ED' above 'AD' contained within a square punch with clipped corners, with the Sheffield Assay Office on the 31st January 1881.

Trev.

dognose
Site Admin
Posts: 40659
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:53 pm
Location: England

Re: Some Sheffield Advertisements and Information

Postby dognose » Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:23 am

EDWARD BLAYDES & Co.

Advance Works, New Thomas Street, Sheffield


Image
Edward Blaydes & Co. - Sheffield - 1882

Thought to have been established in 1871. The business was acquired by John Wragg & Son in 1884.

Trev.

dognose
Site Admin
Posts: 40659
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:53 pm
Location: England

Re: Some Sheffield Advertisements and Information

Postby dognose » Sun Dec 14, 2014 2:50 pm

WOODCOCK & HARDY

Eldon Street, Sheffield


Image
Woodcock & Hardy - Sheffield - 1882

See above post for details of the earlier business of Ridge, Woodcock & Hardy.

Trev.

dognose
Site Admin
Posts: 40659
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:53 pm
Location: England

Re: Some Sheffield Advertisements and Information

Postby dognose » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:17 am

THORPE & FLETCHER

30, Paradise Street, Sheffield


Image
Thorpe & Fletcher - Sheffield - 1871

Trev.

dognose
Site Admin
Posts: 40659
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:53 pm
Location: England

Re: Some Sheffield Advertisements and Information

Postby dognose » Sun Dec 21, 2014 7:11 am

SHEFFIELD SMELTING COMPANY

95, Arundel Street, Sheffield, 191, Warstone Lane, Birmingham, 1, Berry Street, Clerkenwell, London


Image
Sheffield Smelting Company Limited - Sheffield - 1891

Image
Sheffield Smelting Company Limited - Sheffield - 1903


Silver refining is a very old Sheffield industry, and is still carried on. The principal firms are the Sheffield Smelting Co. (H.J. and J. W. Wilson), Royds Smelting Works; and Messrs. E. W. Oakes and Co. Limited, Washford Smelting Works, Attercliffe-road.

Source: The Illustrated Guide to Sheffield and the Surrounding District, Comprising Accounts of the Early History and Progress of the Town - John Taylor - 1879


Image

Henry Joseph Wilson, J.P., M.P., Osgathorpe Hills, Sheffield; son of the late William Wilson, of Sherwood Hall, Mansfield, previously of Nottingham and Torquay, and of Eliza, daughter of Joseph Read, of Sheffield; born at Radford, Nottingham, April 14th, 1833; educated at the West of England Dissenters' Proprietary School, Taunton, and University College, London . Director of the Sheffield Smelting Company, Ltd.; Justice of the Peace for the city of Sheffield and the West Riding of Yorkshire; was member of the Sheffield School Board for fifteen years; was elected Member of Parliament for the Holmfirth Division of Yorkshire in 1885, and has retained the seat ever since; Chairman of the British Committee of the International Federation for the Abolition of State Regulation of Vice; visited India as a member of the Royal Commission on Opium, 1893-94; a strong Nonconformist, a life long abstainer, and an earnest advocate of total abstinence. Married, in 1859, Charlotte, daughter of the late Charles Cowan, M.P., of Edinburgh.

Source: The West Riding of Yorkshire at the opening of the twentieth century: Contemporary biographies - W. Herbert Scott - 1902


MEMBERS OF THE HOUSE OF COMMONS

Wilson, Henry Joseph. (Yorks. West Riding, Holmfirth div.)
S. of William Wilson, of Sherwood Hall, Mansfield, and previously of Nottingham and Torquay, and Eliza, d. of Joseph Read, of Sheffield. B. at Nottingham, 1833; m. 1859, Charlotte, d. of Charles Cowan, formerly M.P. for Edinburgh. Educated at the West of England Dissenters' Proprietary School, Taunton, and University College, London. Largely interested in the Sheffield Smelting Company, and a magistrate for the West Riding and for the city of Sheffield. Was a member of the Sheffield School Board for fifteen years, the India Office Committee on Regulation of Prostitution in India, and Rl. Commission on Opium 1893-5. Has sat for the Holmfirth div. of Yorkshire since 1885. A Radical, opposed to Aggressive Foreign Policy, Militarism, Protection, &c.–Osgathorpe Hills, Sheffield.


Source: Dod's Parliamentary Companion - Volume 75 - 1907


Cecil H. Wilson, director of The Sheffield Smelting Company, Limited, Sheffield, England, has been visiting the United States, business and pleasure being the objects of the trip.

Source: Metal Industry - June 1909


VISITS TO WORKS

September 22, 1921.

The exhibition at the Sheffield Smelting Company’s Birmingham branch, 191 Warstone Lane, was an interesting illustration of the various stages in the recovery of precious metals from all kinds and conditions of waste materials, ores, &c., there being a complete collection of specimens showing the refining process of gold, silver, and platinum from beginning to end. The refined metal, and the numerous ways in which it is alloyed and prepared to meet the requirements of the manufacturer, were also shown. The smelting and refining exhibit included a series of samples illustrating the process adopted for the recovery, from the fume and smoke produced during smelting operations, of the lead and precious metal contents. The results of the latest electrolytic process for the recovery of silver were also shown. The many ways in which the refined and alloyed metals are prepared'to suit the convenience of the manufacturer were shown in a wide range of samples of wires, seamless tubing, stamped and pierced mounts, spoon and fork blanks, and silver sheets of all dimensions, including a piece 70 in. long, 44 in. wide, 0-0625 in. thick, and 1066 ozs. in weight. There was also an exhibit of standard silver specially prepared for spinning, including circles ranging from 0-5 in. diameter to one 44 in. in diameter, 0048 in. thick, and weighing 470 ozs.


Source: Journal of the Institute of Metals - Volume 26 - 1921

Trev.

dognose
Site Admin
Posts: 40659
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:53 pm
Location: England

Re: Some Sheffield Advertisements and Information

Postby dognose » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:17 pm

FENTON, RUSSELL & Co.Ltd.

12 & 16, George IV Bridge, later, Castle street, Edinburgh


An example of the work and mark of Fenton, Russell & Co Ltd., a tea/coffee set, assayed at Sheffield in 1917:

Image

Image

Image
F.R & Co Ld - Sheffield - 1917

Established in 1822 by Thomas Russell at Hunter Square, Edinburgh. The business was later continued by James Fenton and his partner, Ferguson.
Fenton, Russell & Co Ltd. entered their mark with the Sheffield Assay Office on the 17th May 1901. The firm also used the services of the London, Chester, Edinburgh and Glasgow assay offices.

James Fenton, James L. Fenton and James Denholm have all been noted as being a directors of Fenton, Russell & Co. Limited.

James Fenton died aged 72 years in 1910.


FENTON RUSSELL & CO. LIMITED AND REDUCED, 12 and 16 George IV. Bridge, Edinburgh.
NOTICE is hereby given that a Petition has been presented by the above-named Company to the Lords of Council and Session (Second Division,–Mr. Campbell, Clerk) on 30th January 1912, praying their Lordships, inter alia, to make an Order confirming the Reduction of the Capital of the said Company resolved on by the following Special Resolution of the Company, passed at an Extraordinary General Meeting of the Company held on 13th January 1912, and confirmed at an Extraordinary General Meeting of the Company held on 29th January 1912, namely :–That the capital of the Company be reduced from £30,000 sterling, divided into 6000 shares of £5 each, to £15,000 sterling, divided into 6000 shares of £2, 10s. each, and that such reduction be effected by returning to the holders of the said shares, all of which have been issued, paid up capital to the extent of £2, 10s. per share, and by reducing the nominal amount of each of the shares from £5 to £2, 10s. The Court has pronounced the following Interlocutor in the said Petition :–
Edinburgh, 31st January 1912.–The Lords appoint the Petition to be intimated on the Walls and in the Minute-Book in common form ; to be advertised once in the Edinburgh Gazette and once in the Scotsman newspaper ; and allow any one interested to lodge Answers, if so advised, within eight days thereafter ; further, hoc stitu and during the dependence of the Petition, dispense with the addition of the words ' and ' reduced ' as part of the name of the Company.
J. H. A. MACDONALD, I.P.D.
COTJTTS & PALFREY, S.S.C., Agents for the Petitioners.
24 Alva Street, Edinburgh,
2nd February 1912.


Source: The Edinburgh Gazette - 2nd February 1912

Further information regarding Fenton, Russell & Co Ltd. can be found at: viewtopic.php?f=38&t=31210&p=110009#p110009

See: http://www.925-1000.com/silverplate_F.html

Trev.

dognose
Site Admin
Posts: 40659
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:53 pm
Location: England

Re: Some Sheffield Advertisements and Information

Postby dognose » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:17 am

GEORGE BRADEY

137, Norfolk Street, Sheffield


Mrs. Bradey, an elderly lady, was in charge of the shop of Mr. George Bradey, watchmaker and jeweller, of 137, Norfolk-street, Sheffield, the other evening, when three flashily-dressed men entered and asked to see a case of pins, and selected one. They, however, changed their mind about buying it, and one of them went outside to indicate another pin which they preferred. The old lady, putting the first case on a shelf opposite the counter, turned to the window whilst the man outside nodded his head to indicate the choice, and one of those inside assisted by standing beside her and pointing out the pins. Finally, after spending a considerable time looking over the pins, the men left, one of them saying, " Oh, never mind, don't bother," and the other thanking Mrs. Bradey for her trouble. When they were gone she found the case of pins had also gone from the shelf. Their value was £20, and the thieves have not since been heard of.

Source: The Watchmaker, Jeweller and Silversmith - 1st December 1890

Trev.

dognose
Site Admin
Posts: 40659
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:53 pm
Location: England

Re: Some Sheffield Advertisements and Information

Postby dognose » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:10 pm

ATKIN & OXLEY

Eyre Street, Sheffield


An example of the work and mark of Atkin & Oxley, a folding fruit knife assayed at Sheffield in 1840:

Image

Image

Image
A&O - Sheffield - 1840


Image
A&O - Sheffield - 1836

Image
A&O - Sheffield - 1836

Atkin & Oxley registered their mark with the Sheffield Assay Office on the 27th April 1829.

Trev.

dognose
Site Admin
Posts: 40659
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:53 pm
Location: England

Re: Some Sheffield Advertisements and Information

Postby dognose » Sun Jan 25, 2015 7:43 am

JOHN BIGGIN Ltd.

10, Milk Street, Sheffield

An example of the work of John Biggin, a silver-mounted corkscrew, assayed at Sheffield in 1930:

Image

Image

Image
JB - Sheffield - 1930



Image
JB - Sheffield - 1913


John Biggin entered this particular mark with the Sheffield Assay Office on the 12th May 1902.

See: http://www.925-1000.com/dlSheffield2.html#M

Trev.


Return to “Contributors' Notes”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests