W.G. KEIGHT & Co.32, Spencer Street, Birmingham
An example of the work and mark of W.G. Keight & Co.:
W.G.K - Birmingham
Established since at least 1883.
In c.1907 the firm was acquired by Alfred Henry Westwood, Francis Herbert Westwood and Bernard Scott.
Upon Scott's death on the 3rd January 1908, his place was taken by Edward Ruthven.
In 1910 W.G. Keight & Co. was acquired by John William Caldicott. Along with the premises, plant and goodwill, Caldicott's purchase included a varied assortment of hallmarked silver articles weighing about 35,000 ounces.
Caldicott, perhaps an asset stripper, auctioned off the stock in that same year, and disposed of the business to Davis, Blackham & Co. Ltd.
W.G. Keight entered his mark, 'W.G.K' contained within an oblong punch, with the Birmingham
Assay Office in April 1883. W.G. Keight & Co. entered their mark, 'W.G.K' contained within an oblong punch, with the Birmingham
Assay Office in September 1901.
W.G. Keight & Co. entered their mark, 'W.G' above 'K' above '& Co.' contained within a heraldic shield, with the London Assay Office on the 23rd November 1907.