Sterling silver Lapel pin unable to identify.

What was this used for? - PHOTO REQUIRED
Blindbennie

Sterling silver Lapel pin unable to identify.

Post by Blindbennie »

This is either a tie pin or a lapel pin it has a T on the front side it has a lower case r with the word ster and then beneath that ling. Sterling is split on top of one another next to a large lower case r. The pin is small so I did the best I could with the pictures. And trying to find this item I was able to find a key shaped item that has that same T emblem on it but there was no information and it was not silver. Image[url=https://ibb.co/MssRcqH]ImageImage
dognose
Site Admin

Re: Sterling silver Lapel pin unable to identify.

Post by dognose »

Hi,

Welcome to the Forum.

Please post a close-up of the maker's mark and remember to check the preview feature before submitting.

Trev.
Traintime
contributor

Post by Traintime »

Will get it for you this time. The logo appears to be "T-over-I" superimposed on a globe, all of which might be a modernized variant of the Toastmasters International logo. [This would need to be confirmed by finding a smoking gun to match.] Not sure who maker "r" is yet.
Here's your images enlarged:

Traintime
contributor

Post by Traintime »

One possibility for the maker would be an evolution of marks for "The Robbins Company" (see Charles M. Robbins, Attleboro) as it moves to "Robbins Awards".
Blindbennie

Post by Blindbennie »

Blindbennie wrote:This is either a tie pin or a lapel pin it has a (T) on the front side ( I now believe the t is actually a candle with the flame on top) it has a lower case r with the word ster and then beneath that ling. Sterling is split on top of one another next to a large lower case r. The pin is small so I did the best I could with the pictures. Image[url=https://ibb.co/MssRcqH]ImageImage

Return to “Mystery Objects”