Tiffany Sterling Lap Over Edge Acid Etched Bleeding Hearts?

If you know the maker, but not the pattern. - PHOTO REQUIRED
dianecwms

Tiffany Sterling Lap Over Edge Acid Etched Bleeding Hearts?

Post by dianecwms »

Does anyone know if this Tiffany Sterling Lap Over Edge Acid Etched pattern is Bleeding Hearts? I've seen dozens of acid etched images of birds, bugs, plants, and animals, but not this particular one. Thanks!
JayT
contributor

Re: Tiffany Sterling Lap Over Edge Acid Etched Bleeding Hearts?

Post by JayT »

Hello
In William P. Hood, Jr’s Tiffany Silver Flatware, 1845-1905: When Dining was an Art, he gives a table of decoration names scratched by the manufacturer on a Lap Over Edge service for 12. Although not illustrated, the table lists Bleeding Heart flower on a teaspoon (p. 222).
Hope this helps.
Regards.

See: Hood, William P., Jr. et al. Tiffany Silver Flatware,1845-1905: When Dining was an Art. Woodbridge, England, Antique Collector’s Club, 1999. 350pp.
dianecwms

Post by dianecwms »

Thanks! I did see a photo of a spoon that said it was Bleeding Hearts with blossoms in a cluster, but it doesn't look like mine where the blossoms are in a row.
JayT
contributor

Post by JayT »

You’re welcome! Have you considered contacting Dr. Hood directly? He has seen, owned and handled a lot of Tiffany flatware.
Good luck in your ongoing research.
dognose
Site Admin

Post by dognose »

I did see a photo of a spoon that said it was Bleeding Hearts with blossoms in a cluster, but it doesn't look like mine where the blossoms are in a row.
Multi-motif?

Trev.

Return to “Flatware Pattern Identification”