Help! Maker & Pattern

If you know the maker, but not the pattern. - PHOTO REQUIRED
larrywseale

Help! Maker & Pattern

Post by larrywseale »

Hi:

The pattern seems familiar but I'm old and my memory is shot! No maker mark on the handle or blade. As always, help is very much appreciated.

(admin note - if you are using a PC, you can right click on the images and select "view image" to see the entire picture, then use the back button to return to the post. If you are using a Mac, there is probably a similar function somewhere.)
silverly

Re: Help! Maker & Pattern

Post by silverly »

This is the Towle 1946 Scroll and Bead pattern. Apparently, it was originally a Frank Smith pattern, but I haven't looked into that any further.

Another way to resize images like this that works for me is to press control and negative (or positive when called for) on the keyboard at the same time.
silverly

Post by silverly »

Apparently, Blackington also produced this pattern, so you have a few manufacturers to pick from. My guess is that Towle would probably be the most likely manufacturer for replacements.
larrywseale

Post by larrywseale »

Thank you very much.
larrywseale

Post by larrywseale »

Hmmmm - saw the admin note & I'm guessing there is a problem displaying the complete image for some people? They display fine for me.

I resized them to 800 x about 240 in Photoshop before posting them. What's the best size to post? Thanks
salmoned
contributor

Post by salmoned »

Thanks for the resizing tip. I'd guess 600 maximum width should do the trick.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Hi,
800 pixels is perfectly fine for this forum. The note was for the percentage of site users that prefer a 14inch screen at 1024x768 resolution, and get cropped versions of some images. No need for anyone to post images smaller than 8 inches or 800 pixels, the minority of small screen users, myself included, have tools that allow us to adapt.

Regards, Tom
Traintime
contributor

Post by Traintime »

Photos gone, but....Towle manufacturing placed a trademark filing on the FRANK SMITH name in 1982, noting use back to 1886:
https://books.google.com/books?id=eoRSa ... 86&f=false

Return to “Flatware Pattern Identification”