Sample of 8 3/4" New French Blade Knife w/ Bolster bearing only STERLING word mark on hollow handle neckline and SCHOFIELD STAINLESS stamp on blade. Baltimore Silversmiths Manufacturing Company was incorporated in early 1907 (**ref. Trev's note entry in Past News of the Trade). Both Messrs. Heer and Schofield were principals in the new concern, later changed to Heer-Schofield Company (??**-1928), prior to Frank M. Schofield Company (1928-30), and thence Schofield Company, Incorporated (c.1930-1967). [Held by Oscar Caplan & Sons (1965-67).] Acquired by Stieff Company as of 1967. Stieff produced the pattern continously until c.2008. Knife has been personalized with Gothic "R" in one reserve.