Recommendation for a UK silver repairer/ restorer

Questions on polishing, restoration, conservation + manufacturing techniques
dlmuk

Recommendation for a UK silver repairer/ restorer

Post by dlmuk »

Hi there

I have a small silver box (19.7cm length x 4.3cm width x 3.1cm height) from a fitted dressing case that somebody has previously (and crudely) put together. The box has light rippling to the walls (internal and external), but especially to the base. The joinery to the base is rather unsightly too.
I was wondering if anyone can recommend a UK silver restorer that can restore this box, straighten the panels and perfect it?
Is it physically possible to add silver as a filler where required and then polish it flat?

I have photos but I’m unsure as to how to include them in my post.

Many thanks to anyone that can help

Daniel
dognose
Site Admin

Re: Recommendation for a UK silver repairer/ restorer

Post by dognose »

Hi Daniel,

Welcome to the Forum.

The below should help you:

How to Add Images

Posting Requirements

https://postimages.org (choose 'Share', then copy the 'Hotlink for forums' code) is recommended. Do not use Photobucket or Dropbox.

Ensure your images are embedded. Do not post links. Remember to use the 'Preview' button before submitting your post.

For more information see:

http://www.925-1000.com/forum/viewtopic ... 82#p103282

Give some time to creating your posts and we'll give some time to researching and answering them.

Trev.
dlmuk

Post by dlmuk »

dlmuk wrote:Hi there

I have a small silver box (19.7cm length x 4.3cm width x 3.1cm height) from a fitted dressing case that somebody has previously (and crudely) put together. The box has light rippling to the walls (internal and external), but especially to the base. The joinery to the base is rather unsightly too.
I was wondering if anyone can recommend a UK silver restorer that can restore this box, straighten the panels and perfect it?
Is it physically possible to add silver as a filler where required and then polish it flat?

I have photos but I’m unsure as to how to include them in my post.

Many thanks to anyone that can help

Daniel

Heamatite

Post by Heamatite »

Is it hallmarked silver?

Return to “Silver Care / Techniques”