TRP silver? mark

Jewelry, Flatware & Holloware
PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
Dael69

TRP silver? mark

Post by Dael69 »

It looks like silver and it was easy to clean the patina with Carnu car wax... jejejeje

I found in the forum some info about TRP inside a shield with a crown on top so I decided to take a pic and post it. I would appreciate confirmation about the mark as the silver mark related to "TRP" if it is possible from this picture.

Many thanks again for your time and knowledge.
Traintime
contributor

Re: TRP silver? mark

Post by Traintime »

First, from what I see, I would not discount "JRP" as the letters. Second, while the crimps in the metal make it all look soft like Sterling, this is not conclusive. Third, if it is in fact platework, the topmarked initials could be for commercial useage such as a "H"otel. Fourth, again if plate, the "P" in makers mark could be for "Products"--many concerns using this as part of the name like Stanley Home Products, etc. Finally, why did you feel this was the correct section to place this inquiry? Do you know something more about the object which is not revealed in your entry?
Dael69

Re: TRP silver? mark

Post by Dael69 »

Hello,

Sorry I didnt reply before. There is a mark very similar to this one from Bogota, Colombia for silver 0.900. My cup have it partially, at least I think so. If you look for TRP in this forum you will find the mark that I am talking about.

Best regards,
Dael.

Return to “Central & South America”