Bird Hallmark - Knife

PHOTOS REQUIRED - marks + item
CBarnebee

Bird Hallmark - Knife

Post by CBarnebee »

Hello - I've searched high and low for this hallmark and can't seem to identify it. I've included the silver hallmark - I think I've been able to determine that this is coin silver by it, but I'm still not 100% sure. I'm looking for a Maker or a Pattern identification for the flatware - any assistance would be greatly appreciated. If this needs to be moved, my apologies and thank you.

-Cait

Aguest
contributor

Re: Bird Hallmark - Knife

Post by Aguest »

:::: In Germany they made patterns similar to this one, and now that I see the "90" numbers that is an indication of the grams used in the silver-plating process with 90 being the highest so it is often very similar to actual sterling silver and is frequently mistaken for such. :::: I'm not sure what company the bird (or whatever that is) hallmark refers to, but it could be a company from Germany, but you can't rule out The Netherlands (Holland) because I've seen "90" also on pieces from The Netherlands (Holland) sometimes with a horse's head, but that doesn't look like a horse's head? ::::
CBarnebee

Post by CBarnebee »

I've searched German hallmarks and am unclear if its actually German because it doesn't have the crown next to the crescent. Also, the "9" by itself is throwing me off instead of it being "90" or ".925" - which is why I assumed it was coin silver. I've looked at Dutch hallmarks and have not found any similar items for the bird-like hallmark.

Any further assistance is greatly appreciated!
Aguest
contributor

Post by Aguest »

::: GD Grah & Deppmeyer - Solingen. :::: Compare and see what you think. ::::

Return to “Silverplate Trademarks - Worldwide”