Unknown mark on the antique ring

MARK IMAGE REQUIRED
zhu

Unknown mark on the antique ring

Post by zhu »

I have collected this ring for a while, and there is a mark on it. I have been unable to find relevant information.
I guess it is from European national precious metal certification, but I can't find relevant information.
Looks like an eagle? Or some kind of animal?

Does anyone know?Thanks

oel
co-admin

Re: Unknown mark on the antique ring

Post by oel »

Hi Zhu, welcome to the forum. Are there no other marks, only this one mark? Have you tested the gold(?) fineness?
The mark it kinda looks like a distorted Polish Convention Hallmark, which depicts the national symbol of an eagle facing left, with wings spread above the letter of the assaying office, within a circular frame-shape. However this mark was introduced around 2004. I am not sure, it also could be a maker's mark. Could you show us an image of the complete ring?

Peter.
zhu

Post by zhu »

Hi Peter,

The antique dealer has given me information that it has tested 12-15k gold. It is an antique ring from the 19th century.
This is the only mark on the ring. This mark is too unfamiliar. If it is a mark of the Polish Convention, would it be added later?

I collect antique jewellery but I am still learning about the marks. I will take photos as much as possible to see if it helps.

Thank you for replying to me. :)

By Zhu
oel
co-admin

Post by oel »

Indeed 19 century ring, to me it appears the gold is blackened ( black enamel) perhaps a mourning ring. I believe the one mark to be the maker's mark.

Peter.
zhu

Post by zhu »

oel wrote:Indeed 19 century ring, to me it appears the gold is blackened ( black enamel) perhaps a mourning ring. I believe the one mark to be the maker's mark.

Peter.

Thank you :)

Return to “Gold - Single Image”