Can’t identify this mark?

MARK IMAGE REQUIRED
MCC4

Can’t identify this mark?

Post by MCC4 »

Please help I have an 18ct gold ring and I can’t identify the star looking mark on it or the makers mark, thank you so much.

silvermakersmarks
co-admin

Re: Can’t identify this mark?

Post by silvermakersmarks »

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Your image of the hallmark is not particularly clear so I am not 100% certain that my identification of it is correct. I seem to see a Birmingham hallmark with a Convention Mark, 750 for 18K gold, the Birmingham anchor and the date letter "e" for 2004. It will not be possible to identify the sponsor/maker, CPM, without contacting the Birmingham Assay Office directly as there are no published references for modern sponsors' marks. I do not know the significance of the sunburst symbol.

Phil
Pufarin

Post by Pufarin »

[quote=MCC4 post_id=172070 time=1565533261 user_id=44438]
Please help I have an 18ct gold ring and I can’t identify the star looking mark on it or the makers mark, thank you so much.

[img]https://i.postimg.cc/65cWZKHZ/E4557-B36 ... 82-C03.jpg[/img]
[/quote][quote=silvermakersmarks post_id=172082 time=1565537649 user_id=25852]
Hi and welcome to the forum.

Your image of the hallmark is not particularly clear so I am not 100% certain that my identification of it is correct. I seem to see a Birmingham hallmark with a Convention Mark, 750 for 18K gold, the Birmingham anchor and the date letter "e" for 2004. It will not be possible to identify the sponsor/maker, CPM, without contacting the Birmingham Assay Office directly as there are no published references for modern sponsors' marks. I do not know the significance of the sunburst symbol.

Phil
[/quote]

Hi , i have no idea how to use a forum and created a login to help sharing the maker information. The CPM mark belongs to Coocksongold Precious Metals and they are a contemporary manufacturer. You can find their stamp mark on the official Birmingham Assay website, link below, scroll to CP initials. Came across this forum as I have recently purchased a second hand piece of jewellery that had same stamps. Hope this helps.

https://goldmakersmarks.co.uk/assay-off ... fice/c/#CP
Pufarin

Post by Pufarin »

Pufarin wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 6:14 pm
MCC4 wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:21 am Please help I have an 18ct gold ring and I can’t identify the star looking mark on it or the makers mark, thank you so much.

silvermakersmarks wrote: Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:34 am Hi and welcome to the forum.

Phil
Hi , i have no idea how to use a forum and created a login to help sharing the maker information. The CPM mark belongs to Coocksongold Precious Metals and they are a contemporary manufacturer. You can find their stamp mark on the goldmakermarks website, link below, scroll to CP initials. Came across this forum as I have recently purchased a second hand piece of jewellery that had same stamps. Hope this helps.

https://goldmakersmarks.co.uk/assay-off ... fice/c/#CP
silvermakersmarks
co-admin

Post by silvermakersmarks »

Hi Pufarin and welcome to the forum. Thanks for identifying this sponsor's mark and for the link, although it is not that of the Birmingham Assay Office.

Phil
Pufarin

Post by Pufarin »

silvermakersmarks wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 2:00 am Hi Pufarin and welcome to the forum. Thanks for identifying this sponsor's mark and for the link, although it is not that of the Birmingham Assay Office.

Phil
Hi Phil, thanks, indeed it’s not and tried to make a correction to the post but ended up creating an additional reply. :)

Return to “Gold - Single Image”