14k Gold Wolf or Boar Hallmark? - unknown European mark in World Hallmarks Book

MARK IMAGE REQUIRED
SnoodinOrange

14k Gold Wolf or Boar Hallmark? - unknown European mark in World Hallmarks Book

Post by SnoodinOrange »

Hi there!
I am looking for help identifying a foreign hallmark on a gold ring. It is a European piece, and it is hallmarked on the outside of the shank, like they do in France. It looks like a right facing wolf, or possibly a boar. I believe it is 14k gold. I am trying to identify the country that uses this hallmark and the dates when it was used to help me learn more about the ring.
My first attachment is a sample page from the World Hallmarks Volume 1 book where the hallmark on my ring is pictured. So I found a visible match but I do not own the book and they are over $200 to buy so I am unable to get to the page where it identifies said hallmark for me. Rats! I did quite a bit of searching and could not find any hits with my search terms. It is not the Austrian fox / dog mark or the French eagle. The second image is the teeny tiny hallmark on my piece that matches the marks circled in the first attachment. So if anyone has the World Hallmarks book or recognizes this mark, I would great appreciate it! Thanks!

oel
co-admin

Re: 14k Gold Wolf or Boar Hallmark? - unknown European mark in World Hallmarks Book

Post by oel »

Hi ,
These are Dutch duty marks used on imported gold & silver items.
See;
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=32028

Peter.
SnoodinOrange

Re: 14k Gold Wolf or Boar Hallmark? - unknown European mark in World Hallmarks Book

Post by SnoodinOrange »

Oh thank you so much Peter! I'm sorry I missed that. It was not coming up in my search, thank you so much for directing me, appreciate your time.

Return to “Gold - Single Image”