Watch case by John William Hammon with unidentified mark

MARK IMAGE REQUIRED
florab

Watch case by John William Hammon with unidentified mark

Post by florab »

I wonder if anyone can help me identify a mark on a watch case and the significance of a number that appears on the inner cover? The watch is from 1870/1, does not work, but is still a beautiful object, even if, I think, of very little commercial value. The mark in question is a circle containing a cross with curved ends and triangles in between the extremities of the cross. The number on the inner cover is 8614. All the other marks (lion, leopard and date letter) appear to be standard for 1870/1.
I have been trying to upload a photo of the watch and a drawing I have done of the peculiar mark, but, so far, with no luck - I am not terribly good with computers - so any help on this would also be appreciated.

UPDATE. I have just spent two hours researching different methods of inserting images, and hope that I have now uploaded my drawing! I hope it has worked.
florab

Re: Watch case by John William Hammon with unidentified mark

Post by florab »

Trying again to upload image.
florab

Post by florab »

This is what I got from imgur, but I cannot seem to get it to become an image when I insert it between the "image" signs. Can anyone help?

https://imgur.com/9w0WMww

Thank you.
silvermakersmarks
co-admin

Post by silvermakersmarks »

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Imgur doesn't help you to embed your images. If you right-click on your hosted image you should, depending on your browser capabilities, find something like "Copy Image Location". Do that and paste the location here. You can then select it and click "Img" giving the following:

Phil

Return to “Silver Jewelry - Single Image”