Makers Mark TC jewellery

MARK IMAGE REQUIRED
Claudia Aliffe

Makers Mark TC jewellery

Post by Claudia Aliffe »

Hi,

I have a pendant which is a polished stone about 1 1/2 inches long with what looks like suspended seaweed in it. Someone told me what it was once, it began with F but I cannot for the life of me remember what it was called.

Anyway, it is topped by what appears to be a silver cap, engraved and with what I presume to be a Makers Mark TC stamped in it. It also has another tiny mark next to it on the left but it is slightly obscured by the hang of the ring for the chain. It looks like it could be a small bird or something, in any case it has two little prongs coming off it facing the TC. I know this is obscure.

I have no idea where this came from, but it has been passed down through my family, not that old I suppose but I wouldn't be interested to be able to date it to a relation.

Many thanks in advance.

Regards,

Claudia Aliffe
georgiansilver
contributor

Post by georgiansilver »

Presumably from the description, the stone is translucent. What colour is the stone please?
Claudia Aliffe

Makers Mark TC jewellery

Post by Claudia Aliffe »

Hello,

Yes the stone is translucent, a kind of cloudy white though clearer. The actual bits inside that are like seaweed are a sea green colour with a few little flecks of brownish orange etc.

Thanks for your interest.

Regards,

Claudia
georgiansilver
contributor

Post by georgiansilver »

Have done a little hunting but can come up with nothing...sorry!. Best wishes, Mike.
maryefine

Moss agate

Post by maryefine »

The stone could well be moss agate. This is basically pieces of moss with fine filaments often in a clear stone.

Return to “Silver Jewelry - Single Image”