Lookijng for help one more time

MARK IMAGE REQUIRED
SkyeNeko

Lookijng for help one more time

Post by SkyeNeko »

You folks have been such a great resource for me, I have one more request for help.

These are the hallmarks and looking for help identifying them. I believe that B & Co into an oval is Broadway and Co.

Assuming the S means Silver, but what about the B and the 3 over 3 arrows and the quiver in the background?

Appreciate any help.

(Admin photo edit - always embed your images)
Essexboy Fisher
contributor

Re: Lookijng for help one more time

Post by Essexboy Fisher »

Hello SkyeNeko, this is a electroplated item as you may guess as your post is now in with the silver plate posts. There is no silver guarantee mark to suggest it being solid silver. The "S" mark is more likely to indicate manufacture by a Sheffield based electroplating concern. I have an image of the same set of marks in my photo folder of unconfirmed EP marks, except that the crossed probable arrow marks is much less clear. I did not recognise what they were. If the Sheffield indicator is correct there are at least 2 options, a " Bird & Co" and "Buxton & Co" and probably many more. What is needed is corroborating evidence? An "arrows" mark is well known to be associated with "Creswicks" and "Huttons". We need to find a connection between the "B & Co" and that pictorial mark.

Fishless
Essexboy Fisher
contributor

Post by Essexboy Fisher »

Hello again, I rechecked my some of my images and found this one not exactly the same as your image. Good really though as it makes the the possible identification for your item.

I have identified of this mark as Broadhead & Atkin of Sheffield. These are definitely similar marks. The company of Rogers Broadhead and Henry Atkin was said to be dissolved in 1853 and Rogers Broadhead set up another partnership named "R.Broadhead & Co". It seems Rogers Broadhead left the new partnership in 1860 but one of the partners "Benjamin Grayson" carried on the business and the mark "Broadhead & Co" was still used on some products. Do you think there is a probability your item was made by one of these companies?

Fishless
dognose
Site Admin

Post by dognose »

Great research Fishless!

In this case, the 'Crossed Arrows' would have been taken from the Arms of Sheffield:

Trev.

Return to “Silver Plate Trademarks - Single Image”