Is CH-Charles Horner on a non silver thimble?

MARK IMAGE REQUIRED
deckhanddave

Is CH-Charles Horner on a non silver thimble?

Post by deckhanddave »

Hi all

I wondered if anyone on here can help with an unusually marked thimble I just purchased. I have included a URL to a picture of the marks but I can't really research them as part of the word has rubbed away and another mark is a numeral 8 in a circle (Try googling that). I purchased it at auction and it was described as Charles Horner (CH). Now as far as I know Charles Horner was a silversmith but did he do plate? Or is the CH someone or something else and the auction description is incorrect? All I can confirm is that the thimble is not silver.(Magnet works on it).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4qxh9qq65gs1s ... 8.JPG?dl=0

Any help would be gratefully appreciated. One last note, thanks for one awesome forum. This is the first time I have had to post. Every time before, I have managed to find my answers with a bit of sweat and hard work. Sorry I failed this time.
dognose
Site Admin

Re: Is CH-Charles Horner on a non silver thimble?

Post by dognose »

Hi Dave,

Welcome to the Forum.

This topic may be of interest: http://www.925-1000.com/forum/viewtopic ... 85&p=85491

Please remember to embed your images as very few people will click on such links.

Trev.
deckhanddave

Re: Is CH-Charles Horner on a non silver thimble?

Post by deckhanddave »

Wow!

That was fast. Thanks for the info and link Dognose or Trev whichever is your preferred monica. I wouldn't have known where to even start looking for that info. You probably, nope did, save me several days and headaches trying. Sorry about doing the URL link but I couldn't get the picture to work using the Dropbox URL. I clicked Img and inserted the link between the brackets but it said something like it's not recognised or acceptable. Then when I tried again I just got a tiny little place holder type icon. Is it maybe because I used Dropbox? Anyway. the info you have given me is brilliant and explains everything. Thanks a bunch.

Dave

Return to “Silver Plate Trademarks - Single Image”