cannot find this mark anywhere

MARK IMAGE REQUIRED
red

cannot find this mark anywhere

Post by red »

I will endeavour to get a photo on the forum but for now can anyone help? I am completely new at this.

The first mark is a crown - then the mystery mark is a fleur de lis - at least it looks like one, it is three feathers joined at the base. Then P G S. I do understand that the font needs to be seen to identify the P G and S. they are all the same upper case font.

Am I correct that the crown is Sheffield?

Thanks Red
Waylander
co-admin

Post by Waylander »

Depends. Do you have a Lion Passant? And a Date Letter? If you have neither, chances are that your piece is Silverplate.

Waylander
red

Post by red »

no, there is no lion, but I have just come across the fleur de lis as a mark of the Huguenot silver makers but it is very difficult to find info. My father gave me the basket that looks very similar to the one shown on the site I went to and he seems very sure that it is silver. I don't know which letter P G or S is the date mark. I cant find anything with so many letters!
Waylander
co-admin

Post by Waylander »

May be French. English silver WOULD have the Lion Passant. Can't help if it is French.

Waylander

Return to “German, French, Dutch, Russian, Scandinavian or Other - Single Image”