question on hallmarks

MARK IMAGE REQUIRED
Amenadiel

question on hallmarks

Post by Amenadiel »

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1k4fVqw ... sp=sharing

Hallo,
I have here a photo of a hallmark that is supposed to belong to Fabergé (cigarette case). Isn't there supposed to be also the imperial warrant?
AG2012
contributor

Re: question on hallmarks

Post by AG2012 »

Hi,
Unfortunately, marks are faked; HW is faked mark for Finnish goldsmith Henrik Immanuel Wigström who worked for Faberge. Also, faked Faberge mark or rather a poor imitation emerging from Chinese or Indian workshop; whoever made the punch was not familiar with Cyrillic alphabet but relied only on visual similarity. If you post the image of the cigarette case, I am sure there will be too many flaws inconsistent with Henrik Wigström perfection.
Regards

Amenadiel

Post by Amenadiel »

Hi, thanks for your reply!
Hallmarks look indeed not as usual. Also, as far as I know Fabergé items are hallmarked with Fabergé only and not the individual work master or silversmith in addition (?). I added some photos of the cigarette box here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sTMOJZ ... sp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/18lS70c ... sp=sharing
dognose
Site Admin

Post by dognose »

Please embed your images.

Trev.
Amenadiel

Post by Amenadiel »

Hi, sorry. I forgot the embedding.

AG2012
contributor

Post by AG2012 »

Hi,
It is a nice Art Deco guilloché cigarette case(possibly British, German or Austrian) with faked marks added to make it more lucrative. Imperial eagle is also newly made and attached to the case.
Subcontractor mark of Henrik Wigström beside Faberge mark is not an issue; it is seen on Faberge pieces.
Where are the marks ?
How is imperial eagle attached ?

Regards
Amenadiel

Post by Amenadiel »

Hi,
I don't have specific information on the case.
I attach a photo of the eagle added to the case.

AG2012
contributor

Post by AG2012 »

As said, a case is old and Russian marks, as well as the eagle, are newly made (faked) to deceive.
Regards
Qrt.S
contributor

Post by Qrt.S »

A bit more info. AG2012 is right the markings are not only faked but also incomplete. Frankly said "junk". Anyway, as an answer to your "question", regarding Fabergé's marking procedure, only the following makers were allowed to punch their marks alongside with "ФАБЕРЖЕ's mark in St. Petersburg. They were: Henrik "Emanuel" Wigström (H.W.), Antti Nevalainen (A.N), Stefan Wäkevä (SW) (all Finns), Julius Rappoport (Cyrillic I.P.) and The first Silver Artel (Cyrillic ICA, or actually 1CA). All in all, the case maybe old and even partly genuine but the maker is ???

Return to “German, French, Dutch, Russian, Scandinavian or Other - Single Image”