Are these Fake Faberge marks?

MARK IMAGE REQUIRED
gsmoggy

Are these Fake Faberge marks?

Post by gsmoggy »

Hello members

I feel these are fake marks,what do members think?
It may be interesting for members to see these marks.
I have not shown the items on purpose. they are on Russian looking items.

Regards Guido.
AG2012
contributor

Re: Are these Fake Faberge marks?

Post by AG2012 »

Hi,
Faked marks, no doubt.
Besides,``silver and ruby figure of a dog`` can be seen in one of the images; those animal figures marked Faberge are always faked.
Regards
Qrt.S
contributor

Post by Qrt.S »

Good feeling you have, stick to it!
Please note that about only 10 percent of all (silver) objects circulating on the current "markets" are genuine Faberge originated objects. You will hardly not find such objects on flea markets or similar market places. In addition, also more seldom on respected auction houses' sites but fakes you will find allover. All in all, AG2012 is right.

I don't understand what is the connection to Fabergé with the last picture (the cut oval)?? It is Moscow's import mark 1908-1927 and has nothing to do with Fabergé (never had!).
gsmoggy

Post by gsmoggy »

Thanks Ag& Qrt.S
The Auction house does not say Faberge,they just say European.
Good pick up on last mark Qrt.S ,not Faberge ,mixed them together as I thought they were all supposed to be Russian marks,on different items.
The item with last mark small oval box with blue guilloche enamel with small miniature maybe of Swiss or French manufacture,later imported to Moscow
.Items coming up for sale ,I am probably not able to post the items due to forum rules.

Regards Guido.

Return to “German, French, Dutch, Russian, Scandinavian or Other - Single Image”