Silver watch, France?

Post by Johny »

What period is this item from?

Thx
dognose
Site Admin

Re: Silver watch, France?

Post by dognose »

Please post a larger close-up of the mark.

Is that the only mark struck?

Trev.
Johny

Post by Johny »

The same signature struck three times

Aguest
contributor

Post by Aguest »

Is it a purity standard of "13 Loth" (meets the minimum 800 fineness standard) and is the "G" for Geneva? :::

This item is rather spectacular by the way :::: Seems like 1860-1880 to me. :::: Would love to see more details of the bug and the skull. ::::
Johny

Post by Johny »

Weight with the mechanism 118 g, length approximately 57 mm, height approximately 59 mm. Width approx. 41 mm, case height approx. 82 mm, width approx. 68 mm.

Aguest
contributor

Post by Aguest »

There should be a Swiss Watch expert who might be able to help more. :::: Thank you for sharing the pics, the details are astounding :::
JayT
contributor

Post by JayT »

Vacheron & Constantin is one of the “Holy Trinity” of Geneva-based Swiss watchmakers, (along with Patek-Philippe and Audemars-Piguet) known for the quality and luxury of their products. The company has a rich heritage, going back to the 18th Century.
If this were my timepiece, I’d write directly to the company. They have detailed archives, and am sure could help you pinpoint the date of manufacture and particulars of this piece.
Good luck in your research, and please let us know if you’re able to get more info. from V&C.

Return to “German, French, Dutch, Russian, Scandinavian or Other - Single Image”